What's new

Installers are saying Pro-Logic II better than DD or DTS! (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I think Marty was referring to the effect of DPL2 on non-lossy sources such as PCM. That's why he emphasized the word "SOMETIMES".

I agree that for DVD, it's largely a moot point. As Cary P pointed out, DVDs with 2-channel PCM tracks are rare. But they do exist. Another example is the Criterion release of Do the Right Thing.

M.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The nerve of these guys. I mean the idea of being an installer is so the customer doesn't have do anything but learn the system for it's use. I tell you, I was going to have an electrician run the wires for the HT with the electrical wires in the new basement. I think I'll have a better satisfaction in doing it myself. Heck, I finished existing basement myself I'll do it here. I would insist on this guy doing what needs to be done in regards to 5.1 DD OR DTS.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
This is all just a perfect example of why i have always done all my own stuff.
built my own computer
built my own entertainment center
built my own house

with help of course but mainly a ton of research and asking questions.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Even if the hardware WAS broken, a good installer would say so and tell you how to go about getting it fixed. A good installer would NEVER say that DPLII is better then any 5.1/6.1 format. It would be like a car mechanic who can't re-hookup your turbo tell you that naturally asperated cars are better anyway. It makes no sense and is down right wrong.

- Mike

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

The installers were, of course, underpaid and apathetic guys that received a one-day home installation training session (maybe just two hours). This points to the biggest weakness in the home theater market; random training if any, underpaid and demoralized workers, constantly over-hyped products, and UNINFORMED customers. It's a recipe for disaster and I'm afraid it's only going to get worse over the next few years as home theater systems grow in popularity. Which leds us all to the only logical conclusion: Vote for RALPH NADER. This goes for you Kanadians as well.....

Dudes,

Chester

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Luke, I'm glad to see another industrious individual. Sometimes the best way to do it is do it yourself.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
yep but i am not ready for actually making the speakers i have been able to find some pretty good deals (atleast i think I am just starting my HT)so i will leave that to the real experts.

Travis Cain

Stunt Coordinator
How about telling us the name and phone number of those morons so we can all give them a call and tell them to kill themselves before one of their customers who knows about HT, but is too lazy to install it themselves shoots them..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks