What's new

Inside Out 2 (Pixar) (2024) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, this is not Robin Williams as the genie in Aladdin. Hader has provided voices in several Pixar/Disney animated films, so I'd think they would have offered him in the same ballpark as whatever he's been paid in the past. If he wanted a big raise, I can see why Disney moved on. Though if they tried to low-ball the voice cast because of the declining box office of their animated films, I can see why Hader moved on. He seems to have plenty of work, so I don't think it affects him much.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hader has provided voices in several Pixar/Disney animated films, so I'd think they would have offered him in the same ballpark as whatever he's been paid in the past.
That's what makes this especially sad to me. In addition to Fear in Inside Out, Hader has also appeared in Finding Dory, Toy Story 4 and Lightyear. He is the only actor to appear in both the Toy Story franchise proper and Lightyear. His other roles for Pixar were much smaller than Fear, but he was still part of those movies. It is just unfortunate for them to stiff an actor who has had a long-term relationship with the studio. Mindy Kaling was paid enough to be on Monsters At Work for Disney Channel and Disney+, which isn't even a Pixar production, but not enough to play Disgust.

But you're all correct that it won't make a difference to the film's box office if they're not in it. I certainly still plan on seeing the movie as soon as I can. It's just sad that Disney wouldn't pay to have them all back.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The cover artwork for the art book has been revealed.

91CA88oFlhL._SL1500_.jpg

Release date for the book is May 7, ahead of the film's release June 13.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That's odd that not a single one of the new characters made the cover.
My guess is that this image is probably concept artwork for a specific scene in the movie and none of the new characters happen to be in that scene.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My guess is that this image is probably concept artwork for a specific scene in the movie and none of the new characters happen to be in that scene.
Probably, but for the cover of the book, why wouldn't they choose a different scene that did include the characters?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because whoever designed the cover liked the one that they used? Or because Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust are the characters we already know and are invested in? I can't speak for the designers. For all we know, the new emotions might be on the back cover.

In any case, they are on other covers. For example, here is the Little Golden Book.

91NRjEQxhuL._SL1500_.jpg
On another note, The Hollywood Reporter has a new interview with Amy Poehler in which she discusses voicing Joy again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.