What's new

In Memoriam Glenn Ford - time now for more DVD releases (1 Viewer)

M

Member 323668

Where are.... ?

Heaven with a Gun (1969) Warner (MGM/Turner)

The Sheepman (1958) Warner (MGM/Turner)

Day of the Evil Gun (1968) Warner (MGM/Turner)

The Americano (1955) RKO (Warner or Republic??)

The Last Challenge (1967) Warner (MGM/Turner)

The Gazebo (1959) Warner (MGM/Turner)

Fate Is the Hunter (1964) FOX

The Money Trap (1965) Warner (MGM/Turner)

A Time for Killing (1967) Sony/Columbia

Love Is a Ball (1963) United Artists/MGM

The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) Warner (MGM/Turner)

Trial (1955) Warner (MGM/Turner)

Don't Go Near the Water (1957) Warner (MGM/Turner)

The White Tower (1950) Warner (RKO)

At least "The Teahouse of the August Moon" is scheduled for release soon within the Brando Collection.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
While you're at it, include the OAR version of one of my favorites-Cowboy. The DVD release is foolscreen P & S. Ironically, there is a feature on the disc from the 50's in which Jack Lemmon tells viewers that the small TV screen cannot compete with the new wide motion picture screen-a perfect reason to come see Cowboy. Then, they present the movie in P & S for the small screen....

I gave the DVD to my parents and stuck with my TCM DVD-R in OAR.

Corey

Screenwriter
Well we know next years set will include Cimarron and Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but I hope it also includes:
-The Courtship of Eddie's Father
-The Gazebo
-Don't Go Near the Water

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Corey, I don't see the point of including Courtship of Eddie Father in the box as that film is already on DVD.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I just want to add that I think Jubal (1956) is an amazingly good film. It is a must for any fans of Ford, Westerns, Delmer Daves, CinemaScope etc.

Also, The Violent Men isn't too far behind.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
My favorite of his is a film entitled The Sheepman, it co-starred Shirley Maclaine. What a good movie!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Posted by Johannes S re: Cowboy:

Yes, but if it were the Matted (anamorphic) version, it would look a lot better on a 16:9 display than the current one does. There's little reason to doubt that it was released with (formerly) standard 4:3 displays in mind.

Thanks for the link to the German version. I think I will pick that one up. Cowboy is one of the great Glenn Ford/Delmer Daves westerns, IMO.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
For a group of alleged Glenn Ford fans, I can't believe that no one has not yet mentioned Fritz Lang's Human Desire (1954) with Ford and Gloria Grahame, a more than decent American remake of Jean Renoir's Bete Humaine (1938). Sony has the rights.

M

Member 323668

Well, I didn't mention Human Desire because it is already out on DVD in R2. So I just focused on the films not yet released on DVD. By the way, Human Desire is a GREAT film with my highest recommendation. Will watch it tonight.

walter o

Supporting Actor
a forgotten Glenn Ford film, RAGE, teaming him up with his co-star from ADVANCE TO THE REAR Stella Stevens, Sony owns this, is a gritty little film with Ford as a alcaholic doctor who contracts rabies and tries to race across the desert to get a cure. Love to see this get released soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks