What's new

Important infor for recent DaLite screen owners (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Last November I bought a 96" X 72" DaLite High Contrast Matte White electric retractable screen (non-tensioned) I was assured by a DaLite rep that at that size tensionsing would not be required.

About two months ago I noticed slight warping that has become gradually worse since then. In despair, I phoned DaLite for advice and was informed that on the new High Contrast Matte White (and only that finish) screens apparently there was a chemical problem of some sort that caused screens to warp. The problem has been discovered and resolved on newer HCMW screens.

They offered to replace mine at their expense with a new one made properly even though the warping is still minimal! They assured me that this is likely the culprit and that a replacement screen would not do this. That was substantially better than the advice I expected to find!

If you have a new DALITE HC matte white check it for warping, particularly in a 'V' shape. If you see this phone them and describe the problem and the date you purchased it.

I am very pleased that after six months DaLite is standing by their product 100%.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
is this white only or grey as well??

I have the High Contrast Cinema Contour(grey) screen coming.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Sorry for slow response. I was away on vacation.

It is matte white only, and a few months old at least. They have fixed the problem in more recent screens they say.

I would watch the screen carefully. It took mine a few months to show. If you have any issues call them for advice. I was very inmpressed by their cooperativeness. Margins on screens must be higher than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks