What's new

If At First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I heard this in passing while at the gym tonight so hopefully I heard it right. CNN's Headline News reported that Mariah Carey is not going to let her last film, Glitter, which bombed at the box office with only a $5M gross so far, to put a damper on her acting career. She is actively pursuing other options for her next film project.
Okay. Anyone here looking forward to her next film?
wink.gif

~Edwin

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't see Glitter, but was she bad as an actress in that movie or was the movie just bad?
~T

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Oh boy.
I guess that proposed film with Chris Tucker--Double Oh Soul--never got off the ground.
As one of the ten people who actually saw Glitter--which unfortunately is just bad, not funny bad--I can say that she displayed absolutely zero onscreen charisma. I saw a regular screening (since for some reason they didn't screen this for critics :) ), and there was a grand total of one person in attendance on opening day (discounting myself, of course). Not a good omen.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Further poof that she is still severely mentally ill.
biggrin.gif

I wish her a speedy recovery.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Too bad Ed Wood still isn't alive and making movies. She could have been his leading lady.
"Magnificent!"
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/007822.html
Scary Movie Challenge: 13, 12...9, 8 7 to go!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I could see her cast as Elizabeth Berkley if someone wanted to make Showgirls: The True Story.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Mitty

Supporting Actor
If she's still pursuing other options, I'd better get cracking on that screenplay. I've got a project in mind that's tailor made for her.
It's tentatively titled Jiggle & Squeak. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/007822.html
Scary Movie Challenge: 13, 12...9, 8 7 to go!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I for one hope she spends more time doing movies. I am far less likely to oversee one of her movies by accident, than I am to be subjected to one of her songs in a grocery store, or a haircut place etc. And at least I could close my eyes or look away if I came across one of her movies. It's much harder to walk around with my fingers in my ears.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Actually, I think she already has her 2nd film in the can. It's called Wise Girls and co-stars Melora Walters and Mira Sorvino (now what ever happened to her???). Guess it won't take much for it to out-perform Glitter...
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
George, that was wickedly funny. Not to mention completely true.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Actually George, any film probably means it will be accompanied by at least a song or two, if not a complete soundtrack. There is no escape...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks