What's new

I need someone to releive me of my fears ;)... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Well, not halloween fears, Obsessive Control Disorder fears.... seems this condition has spread into my driving as well.

Now, I know I'm fine on that 30 minute trip I took, but thanks to one tricky merger of traffic, it's got me worried. For those in NJ who travel on North 287, you know the Cedar Knolls Exit I'm talking about. You pass the South Exit near a gas station, you go to the north exit after it. After a half a circle turn, there's one VERY short exit lane for you to use, and the route is filled with truck/car traffic, so you have to be quick in order to make your turn.

Now, I remember looking back, I remember it being clear, I remember going with no resistance(I.E. No horn honks or tire swerves), I basically KNOW I'm fine, but the illogigical part of my brain keeps on running over this scenario, double, tripple, and quadruple checking my timing...almost needing to prove that something went wrong.

Sigh, someone wanna tell my brain that even if I sideswiped a car at 30 MPH, I'd definetly notice/hear it? heh...

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It seems to me that if you'd sideswiped another car at 30 mph there would be some damage to your vehicle. A quick look at your car should put your mind at ease.

If you're concerned that you may have forced someone off the road without actually making contact with them, try to remember whether you saw any flying dirt or such in the rearview mirror at the time.

As observant and careful as you were, I can not imagine that you could have done anything wrong much less caused an accident without knowing it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nope, no dirt spotted, since I looked back a good 4 times before it sped out of view :)..
I think the main thing that got me concerned here, is that even though it was clear, I started pulling out a bit to early and was on the white stripped exit lane thingy. I hit a bump, with was the average pothole that's splattered around the area, and that got me thinking as I pulled back into the exit lane.
Heh, it dosn't take much to get my mind going these days. It's almost as if I CAN'T have a nice smooth ride anymore, without it thinking that I did something wrong....

VinT

Agent
Hey Neil, tell me what kind of car you drive so I know to avoid you next time I'm out on the road. LOL

No seriously that sounds like a terrible phobia you have there. Then again, everyone who drives on NJ highways SHOULD have that kind of fears. Its like DeathRace 2000 out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks