What's new
World Wide Stereo

I need help with poor FM reception (1 Viewer)

Brad A

Agent
I live in a highrise apartment building and there are several other high rises surrounding me and the result is very poor FM station reception...The single wire FM antenna that came with my Onkyo really doesn't help...Can anyone recommend any certain FM antenna's (under $100 preferrably) that would work well for my situation ??
Thanks

Please excuse the double posting...I wasn't sure which section of the forum to ask this question in...

728x90

Pete Gia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Brad. The antennas mentioned in the first two replies are the way to go. As far as I know, they are pretty much the same. I have the Fanfare FM2G. Getting the antenna outside makes a HUGE difference. These antennas hook up with cable "F" connectors (screw-on-75 ohm ). I am guessing your Onkyo probably has spring-type connectors (300 ohm), so you would have to get a small transformer to convert the 75 to 300 at your antenna input. Don`t bother with "amplified" antennas,as all they do is amplify the crappy signal. Also,these antennas outperform a tv type antenna. Hope this helps, -Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks