What's new

HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons - The Complete Third Season (Highly Recommended!) (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I'm going to assume that the picture quality is as good as they could possibly make it. These aren't the "hot off the presses" episodes of today, and I was satisfied with the job they did with the first two seasons. There's only so much you can do with what you're given...

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Easter Egg details

Insert DVD Three and from the main menu, enter “84763” on your remote. This brings up the menu of audio outtakes.

Great review.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Have you ever watched VH1 pop-up video? Its just a feature than as you are watching the episode, little white boxes pop up giving you trivia about certain things. Usually its triva on an item or person in the shot at the time.

You pick the Colonel Homer episode, hit "special features" and you will see the pop-up option.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
it's sketch scanned and painted in a computer (same as disney since Lion King)
Actually, they've been doing computerized in-between and paint work since The Rescuers Down Under in 1990. The Little Mermaid was the last Disney film done entirely by hand in the traditional method. Consequently, it's also the last film you can actually buy true production cels from.

-Lyle J.P.

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very picky when it comes to picture quality, so I was somewhat apprehensive when I received this set today, debating whether to open it or wait for other reviews.

With a mixture of relief and delight I'm can report that, from my standpoint at least, these episodes look fine - easily besting the UK digital transmissions on Sky and the BBC.

Maybe we've been spoiled by the picture quality on the recent Futurama DVD releases, but these 1991 Simpsons episodes were never in that league.

David

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I really do appologize if you read this review when I first posted it.
No problem. I didn't intend anything but an encouraging recommendation for your future reviews. And my experience is that praise without honest critique will not help a person improve their writing. If anything.

Regardless, it was an informative review and your efforts, as well as that of the other reviewers, are clearly appreciated around here.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have the word on whether they used Aerosmith's original music or not in "Flaming Moe's?"

Jason Perez

Second Unit
Hello Adam!

What a great review! Very thorough and informative :emoji_thumbsup: ! I really like the way you (and the otehr fellas) are formatting your reviews. As you can tell from the simplicity of mine, I am not the most skilled HTML user out there, but I am trying to learn as I go along. Thanks for your efforts, an keep up the good work!!!!

Regards,

Jason

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Re. E. Egg...........

Insert DVD Three and from the main menu, enter “84763” on your remote. This brings up the menu of audio outtakes.
How in the Wide, Wide World Of Flaming Moe's did you ever discover this?!! :eek:

Is a person just supposed to randomly punch in numbers on the remote, in hopes something pops up? My goodness....That'd take...er...oh, a couple of centuries I guess to get through every possible combination. :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
How in the Wide, Wide World Of Flaming Moe's did you ever discover this?!!

Is a person just supposed to randomly punch in numbers on the remote, in hopes something pops up? My goodness....That'd take...er...oh, a couple of centuries I guess to get through every possible combination.
What? How many unique 5-digit numbers can there be? :)
That's the beauty of Easter Egg listings at sites like DVDReview - let other people do the work for you. :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Excellent review, Adam! I really like your formatting and layout. I'll definitely get this eventually.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
That's the beauty of Easter Egg listings at sites like DVDReview - let other people do the work for you.
I agree. :)
Only in the case of Simpsons-3, it's not listed on DVD Review (yet anyway). And why would it yet be...the darn thing's not even out yet.

Must've been another Egg-citing E. Egg site I suppose. :)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
I still havent had time to check for the Areosmith song, or post a pic of the case yet. Possibly tonight guys. Sorry.

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
I popped in the Flaming Moe's episode and can report that it certainly sounds like Aerosmith performing "Walk This Way," if that's the song in question.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks