What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Scooby-Doo" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Robert, I haven't figured out how to post images inside of messages, so go Link Removed for a fantastic photo of Linda.
No bikini, though!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Linda is indeed hotter than SMG. They got those rolls reversed! And Daphne is fairly tall in the cartoon. Velma, in this movie, looks taller than Daphne.
Of course, it's all about who are the teenage heartthrobs of today (although, they're probably in their 20's) who will put teenie bopper butts in the seats, and not about being totally faithful to the cartoon.
This could have been a really cool, creepy send up of Scooby Doo, but noooooo. Chalk it up to the studio's paint-by-numbers boardroom members. Damn them all to eternal... well, never mind. :D
Dan

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the movie. A lot.
And I'm amazed nobody has pointed out how amazingly, incredibly Shaggy-like Matthew Lillard was in that movie. It has to be the best performance from someone trying to act like a cartoon. He's was good, in fact, I thought Casey Kasem was the voice of Shaggy. Turns out Matthew *did* the voice of Shaggy, and he did it so well, it's basically identical.
Oh, and the plot twist of the movie... if you loved the *original* cartoon series, you'll clap your hands when it ends. Trust me. It's good.
ps Linda Cardellini... I'm in love with you :D

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I have a good feeling that I will end up liking this. If not, my neighbors would enjoy it as a present. Besides, Velma is just too sweet. ^^

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Quote: I heard a while back that there was a scene where Daphne and Velma kissed, any truth to this? I can only pray for THAT easter egg.

Yes, there was a scene where Daphne and Velma kiss! It was during the soul swapping sequence to try to get their souls back in the right body. But It's not included on the DVD as apparently the disc would then be rated a PG-13 as a result and Warner Bros. didn't want that rating.

Though, when you consider that, it's completely homophobic. Velma kissing Fred wouldn't make it a PG-13.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And I'm amazed nobody has pointed out how amazingly, incredibly Shaggy-like Matthew Lillard was in that movie.
From my review:

"Lillard seems even better, as he completely nails the part of Shaggy. Not only does he perfectly emulate Casey Kasem’s original vocal work, but Lillard also brings out the appropriate vibe as the loose and amiable Shaggy. Even if the rest of the movie tanked, Scooby-Doo would merit a screening just to marvel at Lillard’s remarkable performance."

For the record, I expected to hate Scooby-Doo; I never liked the animated show, and the movie looked horrible. It wasn't great, but it seemed much more amusing than I thought it'd be. Not a classic, but moderately fun...

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Looks like a great DVD...the film made a ton of money at the theater I work at during the summer.
But, IMO...the movie is just as good as the TV show. I'll leave it at that. :D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Boy this is really one of those "Love/Hate" titles isn't it? :)
Personally, I thought this was a fun little movie.
Mind you, I went in expecting nothing more than the cartoon in "live-action-mode", and that's pretty much what I got. So I had a good time. (Although I do have to agree with most folks... Freddy Prinze is the Anti-Actor...and should have his SAG card revoked, but Matthew Lillard just nailed Shaggy!)
I look forward to the DVD. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
too bad blockbuster only has the full frame version.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Okay, it's official:
--Ron works a full-time job, but
--still has time to watch Scooby-Doo and
--spends hours writing a thoughtful review of same (with screen shots). Therefore:
I'm forced to conclude that it's time for us all to chip in and buy Ron a life. :)
Jan

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I thought the movie was diarrhea, but Lillard really was amazing as Shaggy. He had the voice nailed. His performance made the whole expierience somewhat worth the torture.

Bo Myers

Auditioning
There was one line in the movie that had me giggling uncontrollably: (paraphrased)

Velma: He wasn't even a puppy; he just had a gland disorder.

Yeah, I was in a weird mood when I watched this one.

Brenton

Screenwriter
:laugh: That was a great line. I like the movie. (Not love, but like.)
By-the-way, you need an opening bracket on your spoiler tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks