What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Mean Girls - Special Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paramount was very kind to give all of us
copies of this DVD when we visited their studio
last week during our National Meet.

The least I could do was watch it....

....and you know what?

This film rocked!

Really cute and witty film that's quite funny
throughout. A definite cut above the normal teen
comedy.

That Linsay Lohan is cute, too. She has a great
on-screen personality. Looks like she has a terrific
career ahead of her.

Do rent this film. It's fun!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Agreed Ron. And, besides, we now know how to tell if it's raining without a barometer. ;)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
That actress (Amanda Seyfried) pulled off something very difficult...being dumb. That might seem easy to you and me, but it's very difficult to do that well. Her comic timing was fantastic. Her "fifth sense" served her well. ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Regards the movie: It's wonderful how MEAN GIRLS is able to poke fun at the "plastics" while ultimately maintaining some affection for them - this is not a mean-spirited movie, and its laughs are all earned. Tremendously effective interpretation of peer pressure, awkwardness and fitting in, and except for a few exaggerated moments, rings true throughout.

Regards the DVD: A few forced trailers. Takes five seconds to skip over them. This is one of Paramount's few genuine special editions and as such I am grateful for it. Even includes the trailer (God, Paramount, you REALLY went out of your way!)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I thought this was very good. IMO possibly the most re-watchable "teen" movie I have seen. I say "teen" because I am far from a teen, and they didn't have any cliques (at least of the types depicted in the movie) when I was in high school, so I can't even relate to the film on an experience basis. Just a funny movie for what it is.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I was surprised how much I really liked this movie. Good dialogue, good performances and some laugh out loud moments.
I rented it but will buy it used.
Cute Lead male too!

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
No I haven't seen them. Whoops! I guess typecasting can occasionally be a good thing, then. :)

Surely she knows how to spell "orange", though (maybe?).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks