What's new

HTF Review: Desperate Housewives - the complete first season - RECOMMENDED (1 Viewer)

Jay*W

Second Unit
No rebate. I was also disappointed to discover that the bonus episode was only 23 minutes, full screen, with a male narrator (John O'Hurley?).

It does not appear to be the actual episode that appeared during the season.

Jay

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
E! just aired that on Saturday. It's not the same thing that aired in April. The new one features clips from episodes aired after the April one aired.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Thanks, Elijah. That makes more sense than their creating a brand new episode compilation for Target. Still, very disappointing after the quality of the Best Buy bonus disc for LOST.

Had I known it wasn't the April episode, I would have gone to Best Buy and gotten it for several dollars less. Kind of shady tactics by Disney/Buena Vista, in my opinion.

Jay

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
In addition, why is the rebate form missing from the Target sets? It's like I paid $10.00 for a bonus disc that doesnt even have the advertised episode on it.

Jay*W

Second Unit
ravma,

I feel the same way. I was expecting to get the episode that aired during the seaon at the very least so as to have a "complete" first season. Mine also did not include the rebate form for LOST.

Jay

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
I've been to Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City and I haven't seen any stickers for a 10.00 rebate. The only rebate I saw was an instant one at Walmart where you have to buy them together like at BB.
Is this rebate real? Does anyone have the coupon?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HERE is where I learned about the rebate.

Gord Lacey reported if (from TVShowsonDVD.com). I hope it is real. Although people are starting to report that it has not shown up anywhere.

Amit Ashar

Agent
Anyone else have a problem with disc 5 and scratches? I went through 2 copies before finding an unscratched one. But after I left the store, I looked at disc 5 again, and it did have some scratches. I'm not sure if I couldn't see them in the lighting at Best Buy or if the third copy got switched with the second copy (it was very busy, and I had two different people helping me).

The disc plays, and I'm fast forwarding thorugh all the episodes; everything seems to be fine so far. Is fast forwarding through them enough to know that the disc is okay, or do I have to play each episode in real time?

Also, I didn't see a single Best Buy copy with a rebate sticker when I was exchanging the set.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

You're almost definitely gonna have to watch the disc (not just fast forward) to know for sure. Just because there's a scratch on the disc doesn't mean that it's gonna skip either but I can see why you wouldn't want to assume everything is OK though:)

Amit Ashar

Agent

Okay, thanks! I think I might just go back tomorrow morning and try again. It should be far less busy if I go at lunch time, and I can keep better track of which set is the final unscratched one.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Curious, my disc 5 was scratched.

I had no rebate coupon.

I had no booklet.

But I laughed until I cried at the blooper reel.

- Steve

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I bought mine at Best Buy yesterday and had the same situation. It definitely looked like there should be a booklet.

Neil

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just saw at TV Shows on DVD they have the phone number to call about the booklet:

1-800-477-2811

After calling just now, it appears their business hours are Monday 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM and Tues-Fri 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM Central

Neil

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I wonder if that number can help us with the missing rebate coupon. I'll give them a call after they open.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I called the Buena Vista number a few minutes ago.

After sitting through a recorded message and about 8 minutes on hold, I did get through.

When I mentioned "Desperate Housewives" the first thing the Rep said was "ah, you need a booklet!" I explained that I was looking for a rebate form. He said there was no such thing, but there was a coupon at Best Buy.

I pointed out that I believed there was one, and that some people had actually received them. He said he didn't know about it, but would check it for me.

After about a minute or two, he came back on, and said that I was right after all, but that no one had told him about it. He took my details and said that I should receive the rebate pack in 7-10 days.

I guess a few people here will be making a phone call!

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Bought two copies yesterday one from Target and one from Best Buy:

The one from target came with the DH booklet (thank God!) and a blue tv on dvd advertising booklet.

The one from Best Buy came with NO booklet, it only had a blue tv on dvd booklet, a little flyer for some car on DH, and a flyer promoting the new DH game and t-shirt available at ABC.com

NEITHER CAME with a rebate coupon :angry: . And like everyone else check all copies at BB & Target and none had stickers for a rebate.:frowning:

Amit Ashar

Agent
It took me four tries but I finally got a set without any scratched discs. But none of them had a rebate form or the booklet.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Just called and let them know my situation and they are sending me a rebate.:D ;) It was pretty fast for me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks