What's new

HTF QUICK-VIEW: Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Con Air (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
This is not a review thread...just a heads up.

got these titles yesterday and so now am going gangbusters getting them checked out.

Haven't put them all through all the paces but did do a thorough job with Crimson Tide and hope to have that review up ASAP.

Wanted to let everyone know that Crimson Tide is as follows:

DD only (no DTS)
2 documentaries
3 deleted scenes
1 stunning 16x9 transfer that is among the best I've seen from Disney.

If you're ok buying another standard-def copy of this film to get you through until 1080P this DVD will work wonders. It's not the stops-pulled-out SE you may have hoped for, but it delivers a stunning picture and great sound (didn't miss the DTS, though I'm sure I wouldn't have complained if it had been provided :D ).

Ok...off to watch the other 2 as well as get the official review posted. I'll post back here when the reviews are up!

-dave

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so they really are happening.
whats the official release day

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Official release day is thios Tuesday, 5/16.

I have my copies in hand, so they're definitely real! :)

I also noticed the revised Enemy Of The State art no longer states that it is an unrated extended cut, but the DVD is 8 minutes longer and it does have a sticker on the package stating this. But Crimson Tide and Con Air both mention the extended cut via the sticker AND the art itself. Not sure why this is.

Sten F

Second Unit
Con Air DTS R3 still the one to go for. Enemy of the State R2 & R4 still superior.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
The sound mix on “Crimson Tide” is it on par with the THX Laserdisc dts 5.1 soundtrack, I mean is it weaker sounding or is it deep! Raw and full of high dynamics, yeah!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I hope there is but from what I've heard there aren't any extras apart from the few minutes of extra footage put back in, maybe David can shed some light on this.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
no extras on the con air dvd.

both c.t. and e.o.t.s. have nice docs and great pq and sound quality.

working on these reviews. Up by tomorrow at the latest! btw, i'm not able to compare to any other edition (like laserdisc or r2) so i can't help in that regard. Hopefully one the reviews are up other members can chime in who have other editions to help out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks