What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF Member Michael Deakin has passed unexpectedly (1 Viewer)

adeakin2738

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Deakin
Hello all,

I am Mike's brother, and I wanted to just leave a message to say how much I appreciate the love you have all shown towards Mike's passing. I know he always looked forward to coming out to the meets, and cherished all your friendships. It with great sadness that I have to inform you that it was not only Mike that passed, but Jennifer also. They were both found at home, the cause is as yet unknown. As I'm sure you understand, it has been a crushing blow to the whole family and we are still trying to come to terms with it. I currently live in Oregon, and I am going to try to come out to one of the meets and bring some of Mike's ashes to sprinkle - I think he would like that.

Regards, Anthony

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Anthony, thank you for the follow up. I'm doubly devastated to hear about Jennifer passing too. This sounds like an extreme gut punch for you guys, if there is anything any of us can do please keep us posted. Your idea for spreading the ashes on a meet sounds very thoughtful, hope we can help make that happen!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Double shock.

RIP, Michael and Jennifer.

It's hard enough for us to process this -- I can't imagine what it must be for your family.

Thank you so much for coming here and posting. Please stay in touch. Our hearts go out to all of you.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Oh dear, Anthony. First off, I want to now pass my condolences to your family on Jennifer's passing as well as that of your brother. Gee, that would be a super jolt just losing a loved one--but to lose two at once, I can only imagine how hard that must be. :( :(

And you are most welcome, Anthony. Welcome to HTF. Glad to have you here, indeed. :) May peace be with you and yours at this time. And the idea of bringing some of MIke's ashes to sprinkle at a future meet seems like not only a fine idea and a wonderful gesture, but a neat touch of class as well. :)

In memory of them both, I am about to watch a Blu-ray Disc regarding a major event which starts tomorrow night in the Windy CIty: Draft Day. This will be the first time I have seen this particular film. I haven't been watching many BD's of late, so, I will end my home theater BD movie hiatus by checking this one outl.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I never met Michael but feel I have gotten to know him just a little, by reading this thread. I want to offer my sincere sympathies to Michael and Jennifer's family and friends.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just read the update about Jennifer passing too.

That is extremely sad.

When the news broke about Michael passing, I was heading into work knowing I should have taken the night off.

Michael's passing got to me as the night went on and I had to leave work early.

Now hearing about Jennifer is really bringing me down again.

I'm hoping not only spreading the ashes, but we can all do something in his honor.

Something that he would of liked to do being out with HTF friends.

MomOfTwins

Reviewer
Real Name
Annette
Thank you for posting these pictures --- I'm so sorry to hear of Michael and Jennifer's passing! RIP, Michael --- you were a dear man and I am so glad that I got to share some fun experiences with you and Jennifer.

adeakin2738

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Deakin
The cost of travelling to England from the US, plus the cost of the funeral, means that I don't know if I can afford to be at the meet. If not, would one of the members be willing to take possession of a few of Mike's ashes to spread at the meet?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Anthony, I will message you shortly. I'm in Oregon as well and am planning to be at the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks