What's new
World Wide Stereo

HTF Contest: Win an Epson HC 8700 1080P projector courtesy of Epson and ProjectorPeople.com! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriKP

Auditioning
i would watch some Handyguys TV http://www.handyguyspodcast.com/ then maybe some high quality Blu-ray discs that could really show off the quality of the projector. Perhaps Lord of the Rings or Master and Commander.

728x90

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Our family enjoys watching movies with full surround sound and great details from our blu-ray player. We are also big football fans and would love to watch the Thanksgiving Day NFL games on the Epson Projector. I currently have many TV on DVD box sets and it would be fun to watch some old classics like Ellery Queen, Perry Mason and Huckleberry Hound with the Epson HC 8700 Projector; as well as newer classics like "The Big Bang Theory", "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" and "CSI." Also, it would almost be like having an IMAX theatre in your home watching blu-ray movies like "The Dark Knight" with the Epson HC 8700 Projector; as well as TV shows like "Hawaii Five-O", "Mike and Molly" and lots of football. It would be absolutely wonderful to win this projector for Thanksgiving, and I would like to thank the Home Theater Forum for making this contest available to us members.

Ed_Bellman

Auditioning
We'd probably watch some HD football games (gotta love free OTA HD signals!) and then pop in How To Train Your Dragon on Blu-Ray afterwards for the kids (and adults) while relaxing and enjoying the evening together with family.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Wow. This reminds me of the old "Queen for a Day" TV show - . If I won, I'd replace my old Sanyo 720p projector with the Epson 1080p. I would be watching The Sound of Music.

Allan_L

Auditioning
[SIZE= 14px]Wow, What a bunch of great stories on how this projector would be used on the Greatest American Holiday! My use for the new Epson Home Cinema 8700 UB projector would involve between 10 to 30 high school football players, a couple of coaches and 8 Games of High School Football, a Couple of college games and the only professional football game that matters in Detroit, Michigan. The annual battle of a NFL team vs our lowly Detroit Lions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The day begins early on Thursday with a bunch of players coming over to watch the Lions play the New England Patriots at around noon. After the game we head over to the local high school for our annual all-comers football game. This game involves prior years players and this years team getting together for a friendly (wink, wink) football game. I have coached for 15 years at the same school so it's always a great time to catch up with guys you haven't seen in a while. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]After about an hour or so of running around kids head home for dinner. A few stragglers, sometimes head over to the house to share dinner with my family. After Dinner, players return, and its back to the basement for a college game or the end of the Dallas game. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]On Friday and Saturday the real viewing begins when the State of Michigan plays 4 High School State Football Championship games each day. Guys roll in and out both days watching for a few minutes to several hours. We reminisce on a season of ups and downs and talk about what the seniors will be doing next year or the excitement of the upcoming team. Sometimes it is the last time I see a player for many years. But all tell me how special the weekend is and what it means to hang out and watch football among teammates. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Sunday is for cleaning and a movie with the family or maybe....just one more game![/SIZE]

Pat Garcia

Auditioning
[SIZE= 14px]I would use my new Epson HC 8700 to sit back and relax with my wife in my modest home theater in my living room in my modest tract home, watch a couple of Movies and watch some recorded TV. The registration on my aging VPL-HS20 (circa 2003) is getting worse as it ages and in this economy I cannot afford to replace it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]If I am selected I promise to give my Epson HC 8700 a good home, use it every day, treat it with kindness and take it to the movies at least once a week. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]PS, the leather seats in my Learjet need to be replaced also. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Pat Garcia[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Huntigton Beach, CA [/SIZE]

ILUVCABLES

Auditioning
Real Name
peter foley
Cripes after reading all of these WOE IS ME posts...I guess I am the last person that needs/deserves to win this contest. I am rich and have so many toys I have to give crap away. I thought this projector would be a good add to my collection in one of my 5....count them 5 ....theaters in my estate. I figure if you guys want to send me over this projector ....I could possibly do what is politically correct lately.....(well maybe not since Tuesday ) and and spread the wealth around. Joe the Plumber could possibly need a projector.....I will send him one of the old ones!

Really, I will be watching football......eating way too much...burping, farting and sleeping like every red blooded american male will be doing. If you want the video tape of it....it will cost you.

Pick Me......

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
To purge the weight of another gluttonous holiday feast, we'd gather around the living room stuffed like turkeys, and knock off in the still darkness to the roar of my grandfather snoring over a Horace Silver record, every now and then cutting into the comfortable silence to reminisce over fond and fun memories. With the gusty hint of winter's breath approaching in November's crisp late-evening winds as we sit and watch them whine against the outside windowpanes, under heavy blankets, with full stomachs and half-empty glasses of aged Cabernet, we'd bask in the warm 1600 ANSI glow of the projector casting sentimental frames of past TV Specials and Home Movies across the darkened room. A brand new Epson 8700 would make the perfect housewarming holiday gift, to be shared with our family on this special day and for years to come! This year, my youngest sibling is hosting Thanksgiving for the first time at her new apartment, which she's seemingly spent every waking moment putting in order these past few weeks. If I were to win this contest, well... originality be damned; it would be the 1973 "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" CBS Television Special on Blu-Ray, shared amongst the company of those who I love and care for most!

Pat Garcia

Auditioning
I would use my new Epson HC 8700 to sit back and relax in my modest home theater in my living room in my modest tract home. Watch a couple of Movies, watch some recorded TV. The registration on my aging VPL-HS20 is getting worse as it ages and in this economy I cannot afford to replace it.

If I am selected I promise to give my Epson HC 8700 a good home, use it every day, treat it with kindness and take it to the movies at least once a week.

PS, the leather seats in my Learjet need to be replaced also.

AV-Steve

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Well, first I'd change my plans to have the whole family over my house for Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It encompasses Family, Food, Fun, and Free-Time which are my 4 favorite "F" words.

I would borrow or buy a HD camcorder to record the Thanksgiving feast and festivities. Then replay it back for the whole family to enjoy in High Def Glory!

Also I would go buy a PS3 so I can play God of War III, Uncharted 1&2, and watch my Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage Blu-Ray. The Rush documentary

is the only Blu-ray disk I own so far. I bought it the day it came out, even before I had anything to play it on.

So yeah, my favorite holiday with my favorite video games and my favorite band. Wow!

AV-Steve

AllenJE

Auditioning
[SIZE= 16px][COLOR= black]I have a wonderful home theater that I built from scratch. it took 2 years to accomplish this feat. The love sweat and tears that I put into it has paid off in spades. the reason it took two years was because I needed that time to put together enough money a step at a time. I have double walls that have columns 5 ft on center. the walls are covered with 1" fiberglass panels that are covered in grey flannel. I built my own component rack out of MDF. I have sconces in each of the columns that are dimmed. Instead of theater seats I have two reclining sofas that are in a stadium configuration. Now down to the reason I desperately want this projector: I have another brand of projector (a 720P that I am not too fond of) the Epson and it's rich blacks would just complete the theater. my family and myself spend hours watching football and movies. I can't think of a better place to put this marvelous projector to work. I would be willing to share my techniques and tribulations with you. I have demonstrated how to create a great home theater with my own hands and minimal expense (even though it took me two years). I can demonstrate how anyone can build a theater that is definitely in a modest budget scope. True cinema is in everyone’s reach today, you just need to be smart about your purchases. The HC 8700 would have a wonderful home in my home[/COLOR][/SIZE]

mfinch

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Finch
Short and not so sweet. My wife and daughter are in Adana, Turkey for the next 2 years with the Air Force. So for the first time in 26 years, my family will not be with me for the Holidays. If I were to win the Epson 1080p projector, I would watch the hi-def video my wife will send to keep me company over Thankgiving and Christmas. I might manage to slip in a little football too.
Mike F

PaulEB

Stunt Coordinator
I will probably watch the Sound of Music as others have posted as well since it is a classic family movie to watch. I would definitely share this experience with my family and can't think of a better way to really showcase BluRay technology with a new projector. I currently have the Epson Powerlite Cinema 500 projector which has served me very well over the the last several years. While it continues to shine, I would love to kick it up a notch with the HC8700 1080P. SInce it is a time for Thanksgiving and sharing with others, if I where to win the new projector I would immediately donate the PowerLite Cinema 500 to our local school which could use it for their technology class and for the occasional movie.

StuartRob

Auditioning
We always have everyone over, who doesn't have a place to go for Thanksgiving, that my wife and I work with and put on the football games after dinner. I currently have an old sony crt projector that is slowly dying and needs to be replaced. The focus is bad enough that it gives us a headache after watching for a few hours and I'm sure you don't want us to go blind, so the epson would not only make people happy, but also help keep a drain off of society by not making them take care of two old blind people which would be doubly sad since then we could not watch a projector at all. Wow just re-reading all that almost made me blind, See? I need a new epson 8700. Thank You.

Stu

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
For the past 5 years my daughter & I have watched the entire extended version of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy during Thanksgiving weekend, usually in 1 sitting. Even though she is now 17 and is more interested in hanging with her friends, she still looks forward to our Thanksgiving tradition.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
As a Detroit Lions fan living in Dallas, I'd be able to sit back and watch them both lose.

Of course, I'd be disappointed in the Lions loss, but very happy with the Dallas loss.

So, a 50/50 day would turn into a great day with the Epson.

beastaudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Im going to keep mine plain and simple. Last spring I recently closed on my first house. Since then, it has been update city and the next room on the list is the man cave/HT room. At this point I only have one TV operational and with the lady of the house growing increasingly frustrated from having to split TV time, this would be an excellent addition.

I am a huge DIY'er and am planning on doing a finely sanded and painted screen and have all the goodies, already to go with it. Through my searches this projector has really everything I am looking for and would fit perfect with my setup (THE FINAL MISSING PIECE) This would be a great addition to my hosting my very first Thanksgiving dinner for my ENTIRE family!!!

Well enough said, there is really only ONE movie that is even worth watching after a good hearty thanksgiving meal. One movie that transcends all others to put you into that holiday mood. A movie that my entire family sits down and watches every holiday season to kick it off right. There is nothing like Clark W. Griswold Jr. shouting out his love for the holidays and the debauchery that can only be brought by the infamous National Lampoon thinktank. It just isnt Christmas time until I have seen Christmas Vacation at least one time! What better than to enjoy it than on 100 inches of beautiful projection?

jquirk

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
When I was a child back in the 1970s and early 1980s, WOR 9 from New York - which we received via our cable company in northeastern Pennsylvania - always showed the original "King Kong," along with its sequel, "Son of Kong," as well as 1949's "Mighty Joe Young," on Thanksgiving Day.

I would love to re-create that giant ape Thanksgiving Day triple feature in style, only this time on a big screen in the living room. I recently bought the Blu-ray for the original "King Kong," and already own the other two on DVD. I've never seen any of these films in a movie theater; the biggest screen I ever viewed them on is a 52-inch Sony Bravia. But to be able to watch the mighty Kong shake those doomed sailors off that log bridging that deep ravine on a giant screen in the living room on Thanksgiving Day, no less ... well, that would be a dream come true. And what about all those other great scenes? How great would they look on an Epson 8700 projector? That (meat-eating) brontosaurus terrorizing that poor guy on the tree, Kong's battle with the savage T-Rex, Kong smashing the elevated train platform in New York City, Kong swiping at attacking airplanes atop the Empire State Building, Kong peeling off Fay Wray's clothes ... all on a giant screen at home. My God, it would be beautiful.

It is to dream.

tsquez

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas vasquez
I run a bounce house business

TinyTotJumpers.com

and one of the items we offer for rent is a 12ft. movie screen. This is really awesome and a lot of people like to use it. For Thanksgiving we were planning on setting it up over at my brother-in-laws and watch movies and play video games all night. Well not all night but most of the evening . We have been planning on getting a new and better projector and this would be awesome if we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks