What's new

HT preamps between $1500 and $2500? (1 Viewer)

Paul Gere

Second Unit
My friend loves my AVM-20, but cost of the Anthem is more than he'd like to spend. What might be some good options in the $1500-$2500 range?

Here's a little more on the applicatioin:

Amplification: Parasound.
Speakers: Paradigm Reference Studio 100's, ADP's and CC.
Use: 2.0, 5.0 and eventually 7.1. Excellent sonic performance highly valued. Basic "set-it-and-forget-it user ... not a tweaker, so simple but solid and reliable performance is the need. Video switching is a must, not many source components involved, so tons of ins & outs not required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Paul

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
B&K Ref 50 goes for $2250 - $2500. Rotel is $1500.

Some people even prefer the Outlaw 950 over the Rotel even though it goes for only $899.

Latest WSR also had new ones listed by Classe, ATI, Adcom, and Sherbourn, (and Atlantic Technology too).

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Paul,

My friend loves my AVM-20, but cost of the Anthem is more than he'd like to spend. What might be some good options in the $1500-$2500 range...Excellent sonic performance...?
How about a used AVM-20 v2, that is if you can find one? Otherwise, I would opt for the Ref50 at the upper end of this range.

Michael

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
you probably could get a sunfire TG3 at about 2600 or so...

thats really simple to use....

parasound has one in that range i believe

adcom is coming out with 2, one came out, in that range...

rotel's newest one should be at the highend of that range when it comes out...

B&K has been pointed out...

not sure waht the integra research goes for...

not sure what the fosgate goes for...

Rich

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
I thought Newcastle was going to be releasing a new pre/pro in in the first quarter of this year. MSRP $1,500. Has anybody heard the status of this unit?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, yeah! :) Actually, the Sherwood Newcastle was supposed to be out last fall, so that one should be on the list too...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks