What's new

Howard Stern "Sirius"-ly Turns Off Hyundai Customers (1 Viewer)

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator
Howard typically has problems with the moral majority in this country. They always organize letter writing campaigns to attempt to get him thrown off of markets,fined, etc.... Im sure if this was truly investigated by a reputable above board source, it would be some found to be some kind of campaign against him. I regularly listen to Howards show and find it interesting. I beleive Opie and Anthony used to be out of the Boston area before they got fired and went to NY.

martyTeboe

Grip

I'm curious about this comment. Upon what information do you base your assertion? Is this something you've heard from Sirius? If this is something Sirius has stated, it sounds like a silly way to spend $500 million.

Just wondering where you're getting these facts.

Thanks.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Ron-

I like Stern & have Sirius BUT, I pay enough. Howard at $2 more doesn't interest me. If Sirius charges a premium, they not get it from me.

On another matter, I'm another person who would like to have a platform choice in the car I buy. I like Honda products, which means I self-installed my Sirius Sportster in my Accord EX. How far are we from these companies being stable enough to not need an exclusive contract with a car company?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ed,

It is my understanding (unless Sirius
changed their mind) that Howard Stern
would be included in the basic package.

You shouldn't be paying $2 more a month.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I find this to be very bizarre reasoning. You have to actually tune in the station to hear Howard Stern. It's not like he will automatically appear everytime a person turns on the radio.

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
I was a XM subscriber for a few years and I have just switched to Sirius. I actually like it more. The DJ's have more life. I do listen to alot of talk type things too. Two reasons I switched is because I am a Stern fan and was willing to switch for him and I also switched because XM brought on Dr. Laura to replace most of the Dave Ramsey show, which I am a fan of. It really is about personal choices. Also Ford just resigned with Sirius until 2011!
I think Sirius will do great. They are planning on being offered in Canada this summer and their retail market share went from 33 percent in 2003 to 44 percent in 2004.

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
I was a XM subscriber for a few years and I have just switched to Sirius. I actually like it more. The DJ's have more life. I do listen to alot of talk type things too. Two reasons I switched is because I am a Stern fan and was willing to switch for him and I also switched because XM brought on Dr. Laura to replace most of the Dave Ramsey show, which I am a fan of. It really is about personal choices. Also Ford just resigned with Sirius until 2011!
I think Sirius will do great. They are planning on being offered in Canada this summer and their retail market share went from 33 percent in 2003 to 44 percent in 2004.

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Isn't there a way to lock out channels you don't want? I thought you could. Which is why I don't understand why people would be upset about Howard Stern. That is like getting rid of your regular terristrial radio because he is on the air.

It is my understanding that Howard will get 3 channels to program. He regular show will be on a regular channel that you won't have to pay extra for, along with another channel, and the 3rd channel will require an extra fee. They haven't said what the other channels will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks