What's new

How to Mount BFD? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking about getting a BFD to go with my new SVS.
I also just got a new TV, because of that I'm getting a new audio rack, and TV stand.

So, how would you mount a BFD on something like this:
Altra Audio Rack

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Murdock

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I should Clarify:

1. Receiver
2. CD Player
3. DVD Changer
4. Turntable

So that eats up all the shelves.

I was thinking about making another hanging shelf for it.

Murdock

TimForman

Supporting Actor
The BFD front panel has 4 mounting screw holes. Perhaps you could come up with a way to have two mounting points off the bottom of a shelf for the front and a hanger in the back to support the rear of the BFD.

RichardHOS

Second Unit
Hmm... I don't think a BFD is going to look that good on that particular stand regardless of what you do. But, if that's really the only place you have for it, I'd follow the suggestion of custom fabricating a new "shelf" of sorts at the bottom... probably spaced equally (relative to other shelf spacings) below the bottom shelf to keep things proportional.

I'd also probably have that particular shelf made with a face/surround plate to mount the BFD in since it's designed for rackmount installations - don't think those rackmount ears are going to look good just hanging out there. ;)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
What I did:

I just bought a set of 4-matching silver feet from Technics and used industrial
2-sided sticky tape and mounted them to the bottom of the BFD. NO RACK EARS
Then I set it on top of my Yamaha CD player. Of course you could put it any where you want now that it's got feet. ;)

There is a guy selling (very nice silver feet) "(very cheap)" over in the For Sale area! People have bought some and are very pleased.

Man whished he was around when I bought 10 sets of feet from Technics so all my equipments feet would match. Yes I'm anal.
The Technics feet (from their DD DTS processor (SH-AC500D) which I own in a bedroom system, are nice feet and they were the Cheapest I could find and in stock...

Hope that gives you an idea.

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks