What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

How to Get iTunes to Show Internet Radio Songs (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know HTF isn't the best place to ask this, but I've searched and can't find anything. When I play internet radio on iTunes at home, it shows the current song, but none of the computers at work show it. I've been trying to find a setting somewhere, but I can't find anything. My main computer at work is the same model Late 2018 Mini (the home ond is an i7 and work is an i3), running the same OS as the one at home, so it's not that. To spell it out, the top window in iTunes at home shows the station on the first line, and the current song on the second line. The computers at work only show the station, the second line is blank.

Any ideas?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mouse over the song. 3 blue dots pop up. Turn on song info.
No worky. I'm not sure you understood my question. There is no song info. When I do what you said, there is no song info.

Here's an image of iTunes at work... no song info. I'll post an image from home later today.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.28.13 AM (2).png

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No worky. I'm not sure you understood my question. There is no song info. When I do what you said, there is no song info.

Here's an image of iTunes at work... no song info. I'll post an image from home later today.

View attachment 60039

Tune to an Apple station like Beats One on both, post that please

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Tune to an Apple station like Beats One on both, post that please
I don't even know what that is. I'm just using stations under "Internet Radio" in iTunes. Sorry to be dense, but I've never used this much before.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Why I am saying this: Not all Internet Radio stations live publish song links. The ones you are listening to at work might not where your home one is. If you listen to Beats 1 or Apple Hip Hop you are sure to get track details.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't have Apple Music. I'm talking about the (mostly free) internet radio stations that you can find in iTunes under "Library". Again, iTunes on my computer at home shows the song titles on most songs playing

Beats 1 appears to have one channel that I can play without a subscription, and it DOES show the song title.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sam, to clarify again, playing the same stations on the different computers. Nothing, absolutely nothing shows the song on the computers at work, but they used to several months ago. On my computer at home, playing the same stations, most of them show the songs. No, not all of them, but at least 3 out of 4.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, the one Beats 1 station I can play without a subscription... I have absolutely ZERO interest in listening to.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had to turn it on by hitting edit next to Library, Internet Radio does not display by default:
https://support.apple.com/guide/itunes/listen-to-internet-radio-itns2946/mac

The song names showed for me
View attachment 60043
Sam, again, this is not the problem. I already had Internet Radio visible in the library. Just as you stated that the song titles show up for you, they show up for me at home, but for some unexplained reason they DO NOT show up on either computer at work. They used to, but they disappeared several months ago, after an update I suspect.

The problem is, I can't for the life of me find any way to turn the song display off, so I have no idea how to turn it back on. I don't know why they stopped showing up in the first place.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Right, what I am saying is that on a clean install of iTunes on a PC run through a pretty agressive firewall, we get track listings. I don't see any preferences to turn them off. see the only playback preferences I have above. I'd uninstall and reinstall iTunes and check firewall if that fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks