What's new

How the Yamaha RX-V3000 handles the second pair of main speakers? (1 Viewer)

The receiver have 2 pairs of connectors for main speakers so at the end you can have 4 main speakers (I'm not talking about the front effects) How the Yamaha handles the additional pair of main speakers? Does it provide separate 100 watts for each speaker too? Does it use the Burr Brown DAC for the additional pair as well?

Exactly!

The receiver allows you to select pair A or pair B but it also allows both A and B at the same time I'm running this actually. So how the receiver handles this?

Thanks for your reply.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It internally connects them, in series or parallel, to the main (L/R) amplifiers, just like a single pair. There is not a separate amp for the second pair.

Happy Holidays,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
If its like the RX-V1 you need to make note of the resistance. You need to have 8 Ohm speakers at least, any lower and you'll have trouble if I remember right.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I have the Yammie 795a and have been running with a/b for a bit now...and have no issues. You do not loose power...not gain power..but you do get a full sound. One thing about the yammies... you can use a/b speakers for every use on that system...unlike some who will only let you use say "a" speaker setting while watching 5.1 or DTS.... There is a switch in the back of the unit..read the manual and set accordingly...and do use 8ohm speakers... My yammie even after a full day run...does not get but a bit warm..

happy listening..

Thomas_A

Hey thanks for all the responses!!!
Actually I'm running cables from the Yamaha receiver on the HT room to the living room where I have another pair of 8 ohms speakers. I'm also using the Radio Shack remote control extenders to control the receiver and the CD player when listening music in the living room. I'm NOT using all 4 speakers at the same time. It was only last Saturday that I was watching Pearl Harbor and decided to bother my neighbors :D.
I ask a local Yamaha reseller about this and they told me that the receiver delivers 100 watts for each main front channel (?!?!?). Even if this is not true and both pairs share 100 watts, even with the long cable run (I'm using cable 12), with all speakers activated (DTS enhanced) and running them loud, I didn't notice any perceivable drop in performance. I do notice that the receiver get a little bit hotter, but nothing to hit a panic button. With this kind of performance can the Yamaha be considered a good receiver? Or this is something to be expected from any receiver?

Warning!

The information provided by the reseller was WRONG. The connetors are in parallel so for 4 - 8 Ohms speakers the effective inductance will be 4 Ohms that will tax the receiver so is no recommended to run all speakers all the time at high volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale