What's new

How should my VCR be connected? (1 Viewer)

Larry_R

Auditioning
Hi, I'm new to HTF and new to HT generally. I've got everything set up and working well, except that I can't get a signal to my VCR so I can't tape TV shows. I can watch tapes just fine.

I've got the VCR running through the receiver both in and out. Do I need a splitter for my cable to get the signal in to the VCR?

Suggestions?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You need to have the antenna/cable going into your VCR as well...

If you're trying to run your DVD player through the VCR macrovision is disabling it

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
Before I got Dish, I had the cable going into my VCR, then from the VCR to the TV. It kind of depends on how your cable is set up, whether or not you have a cable "box" and what receiver you're running. If your receiver will do audio and video switching, and if you have a cable box that has composite video out, you should be able to run that to your receiver and pick it up on the VCR, since you have the VCR connected in and out of the receiver. If you don't have a cable box, and you have a fairly new TV, you should be able to do the same thing through the TV, running the TV video out to the receiver. It really depends on your setup and how you want to handle the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss1
Recent bookmarks