How much $ do you spend on jeans?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Luis Esp, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

Yesterday on the Toronto 1 station, there was a story on the rising cost of designer jeans.
    The prices seems to run from the average of $100 to over $350, now I have to ask have people gone mad?

Sure I understand it depends on the label, the fabric and the construction that goes into making a pair of jeans, but after a certain point, it's just fabric and thread. And from my research back in school, depending on the brand, it takes no more than 11 minutes to make one pair of jeans.

Recently I had a salesperson at the Gap tell me that she would never wear Levi's jeans because they were too cheap and most of the jeans she buys start at $160.

I've never purchased jeans over $40, and usually they are they tend to be more of the regular jeans that have been reduced from the previous season.

Hey, if you have the money to burn, go for it. But those jeans better have a written guarantee to make your ass look amazing for that kind of cash.

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    I'll buy cK's when I see them at Ross. They fit me well and cost $25. I would never ever buy an ordinary pair of jeans for over $100.

-Christian

3. Jeff Perry

Jeff Perry Stunt Coordinator

Right, because she's making so much money selling clothes at the Gap. [​IMG]

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    The $30 jeans work fine for me although its sometimes hard to find one with a 29" inseam that I need.

Jay

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

the most i've spent on jeans would probably be about 75 bucks for the lucky brand #1. i have a couple of older pair that i *love* - they fit really comfortably and are well made.

i recently looked into getting a new pair, but i noticed they're using a thinner quality denimn now.

otherwise, i'm strictly an eddie bauer / gap / old navy kind of guy. i guess around 30 bucks or so...

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    about $30 for me too. the old navy painters jeans fit me rather well, i just wish they would last a little bit longer.

CJ

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    $20-$25 (depending on the sale) Levis 550 relaxed fit.

8. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

$25-$35 typically. Levis 560 relax comfort fit for me. A little looser than the 550's but not too baggy. I was talking to a younger guy at work who said the younger people he hangs out with wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Levis. I guess Im outta style now, oh well. Next step will be the brown stretch slacks popular with my grandparents. [​IMG]

9. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

about $85 cdn because they're the only ones I can find that fit.

10. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I've never spent more than $20... of course, I have about 15 pairs (they're all I wear [​IMG] )

Most of the time I wear $4 pants from Goodwill. You can get good stuff cheap from dead people! [​IMG]

*just make sure to wash it first*

11. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I try to keep it under $35-40 or so.

I think most people in this thread would qualify for this show.

I have switched away from jeans with a tapered leg to a style with straight legs or "boot cut." If the ankles are skinnier than the knees, you are apparently a fashion victim.

12. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

$11 at Wall*Mart. Jeans is jeans

13. Markus Lidstrom

Markus Lidstrom Stunt Coordinator

I'd say that around $70 CND is average.

14. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I bought 2 pair at old navy off the closeout rack for 6 bucks each a couple months ago.

15. larry mac

larry mac Stunt Coordinator

$12 at Sams.

16. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I like wearing nicer jeans coz they fit, look, and wear better... but i rarely pay over $50.

I ALWAYS look for sales... My current favourite pair costs about $90CAD regular, bougth them for $30. Places like Winners, or TJMaxx have designers stuff for good prices.

17. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I pay $50-60 for my jeans because only a few brands actually fit. That's full price but occasionally I luck out and get them on sale. I get all the rest of my clothes at a deep discount so I don't feel too badly about paying full price for my jeans.

18. James T

James T Screenwriter

I think I spent $40.00 at the GAP for a pair of jeans. And the reason I bought it was that it was the same brand and style that Wolverine wore in X-men 2.

19. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

You'll have to cut my Levi 501s off my cold, dead, rigor mortis-stiffened legs before I'd give them up [​IMG]

20. ToddMS

ToddMS Stunt Coordinator

I have spent over $100 a few times. I tend to wear mostly Hugo Boss jeans/pants, as they tend to fit me so much better than other brands, and look pretty cool too. Hugo Boss pants aren't ultra slim in the leg like Versace, some Armani, and even traditional Levis. However, they don't give the "saggy ass" look that most other wider legged jeans do. Thus, they work best for me :)

TOdd