What's new

How many would like the Banacek TV series on DVD? (1 Viewer)

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

Note: The quoted post is from the mccloud season 3 HTF thread.

I was considering purchasing Banacek on DVD, but the comments I've read on here have been negative. Are the episodes in the Madman sets uncut, and what is the print quality like?
Well I have the sets both from the TV Guide release in R1, and the Madman release. When I do rewatch the series I always go back to the Madman sets - but I think the TV Guide sets can be had for much cheaper, and are fine to watch.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Henry and Wes, thanks for your replies. Re: the Madman sets....are the discs in slipcases?

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Originally Posted by WaveCrest
Henry and Wes, thanks for your replies. Re: the Madman sets....are the discs in slipcases?
No, unfortunately. They are in a scavano case (4 discs to each case).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by westumulka
No, unfortunately. They are in a scavano case (4 discs to each case).

That's not too bad. Probably the next best thing after slipcases (just my opinion).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Fabulous Films' UK branch are releasing both seasons of Banacek on DVD next month (the Amazon UK listing pages each have a release date of Monday 10th February).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Fabulous Films' UK branch are releasing both seasons of Banacek on DVD next month (the Amazon UK listing pages each have a release date of Monday 10th February).
Thanks for the info Richard. I'll have to give these a try, hopefully they're just not repackaging of the same discs that Amazon US sold years ago. Somewhere in this thread you'll find info on my replacing my Banacek sets years ago. Replaced them twice due to malfunctions on multiple DVD players, Amazon finally gave up and just gave me a refund.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Banacek was a blind buy for me a few years back! I was very impressed with George Peppard's role as banacek, especially his lines/jokes. Peppard used the same approach on the "A Team" and that is what made that show special for me!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I picked up Banacek on DVD as I was very interested in acting of George Peppard. George Peppard was amazing as Banacek!!

I have watched many episodes as such the show really impresses me, especially the guest actors.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
younger1968 said:
I picked up Banacek on DVD as I was very interested in acting of George Peppard. George Peppard was amazing as Banacek!!

I have watched many episodes as such the show really impresses me, especially the guest actors.
Did you (or anyone) get the Region 2 release? Are the run times longer than on the region 1 release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks