What's new

House, M.D. ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen! It was a wonderful display of non-literal story telling in a very literal context.

It also played to the strenghts of the show: the characters and their development. And it made its weakness - random, irrelevant medical cases -- its strength, in the context of teaching students the reality that they will fail.

Cool episode!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Very interesting episode last night. I thought it was interesting that as the lecture went on, the lecture room got more and more filled up. It was filled by the end.

If the story was real, I can't imagine a doctor would go against the patients wishes the moment he was put in a coma just because the wife wanted to. Maybe if the patient started to get worse in coma or something, but not simply put him under and hand the consent forms to the wife.

I can see now why he is pised at the world. I would be too if the person I loved deliberatly went against my wishes and cost me the use of my leg.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great, great episode. And, it was wonderful to finally get the story behind House's leg and his divorce (I'll assume they fought bitterly over her decision).

We also, interestingly, got the Cuddy/House history. Some people thought they had been involved, I had mentioned he could have possibly saved her life, but it turns out she worked on him.

Can't wait for the finale next week!

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
This episode just solidifies its place as my fav show now. Great drama.

I loved the line; "What's Carmon Electra doing with her pants off??" :D

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Nice episode, but the writing wasn't as tight as it should be when juggling multiple plotlines at different times (think any Darin Morgan episode of The X-Files). For instance, why would House see the farmer and the volleyball player with their artificial limbs when he hasn't even had them for patients yet?

Sela Ward was great, nice to see somebody call him by his first name for a change.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/24/05

Sela still gives me the hot. Can't blame House for wanting it.

Cameron's words to House at the end were heartbreaking, never like seeing Cameron in emotional pain and turmoil.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
We've only had House for the last month or so in the UK, and I see we've a lot to catch up with. Incidentally, although you guys know Hugh Laurie from Jeeves and Wooster he's done 'serious' acting before in a couple of drama series for Brit TV.

Something which fascinates me as a Brit is the programme's obsession with scans. We have scanners in the UK (it's a Brit invention after all), but we don't scan patients with the gleeful abandon they seem to do in House. Is a scan a routine part of the diagnostic process in the USA?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Anyone not like the show? I'll be watching next season.

"Im taller than you"-House
"I have more hair than you"-Ex's Husband

The comment that was made at the restaurant table by House's Ex's husband about going running together had me cracking up. I had to explain to my girlfriend that he was ragging on House cause of his bum leg.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I thought last night's episode was mediocre for a season finale. While interesting, it lacked punch and didn't take me anyplace new. Nor did it conclude any significant threads (that I'm aware of) nor setup any particular cliffhanger for next season.

But, despite the last two episodes, I still don't understand House's tension regarding his ex-wife. There's little emotional resonance for me; perhaps if I empathized with him there, this episode would have been more powerful.

Finally, what was the next-to-last scene about -- "Lucy" was being moved to some new position and House had to agree?

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
No, his ex was being hired as a legal aide for the hospital. He had to agree because obviously it will be awkward. They hired her because the husband is going to have to stay at the hospital for an extended period. This way she can be close to him.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Man, season two is going to be rough on poor old House with Sela around there all the time. I wont complain, because i like looking at Sela and it gives House's character an interesting dynamic.

And this episode for once, I was kind of rooting for Cameron and House to hook up, as i dont like seeing him in pain like that.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
EH?

His ex joining the staff for next season isn't new?

:)

I think this will be great for the series - even if it IS kind of convenient...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
DaveF:

Maybe one of the reasons you are not satisfied with the show is that you don't pay very careful attention to it. Sela Ward's character is NOT House's ex-wife as you keep saying, she's his ex-lover. They lived together, never married. And he both loves her and hates her because she overrode his decision and left him with a crippled leg and a iifetime of pain. (He clearly would have preferred either a full cure or death.) What's not to understand?

Mistaking "Lucy" for "Stacey" at the end and leaping to the conclusion that they've somehow run a whole new thread in during the last 30 seconds also indicates that you're giving the show only your somewhat divided attention. Hard to get enthusiastic about a show when you keep missing the things that make it interesting.

Nice to see Currie Graham again after the NYPD Blue finale. I thought his best line was his first one, "Don't get up." The digs at House started the minute he walked into the room. :D

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Plus, supposedly, Cameron finally gets it: House won't ever love her, and especially not in the way he did with Stacy, even though Stacy gave her a glimmer of hope in relaying her own courtship tale with House (disasterous first date, moving in together within a week).

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
My guess is that it was one of the amphetamines that he confiscated.

Clearly he has relationship issues and is addicted to drugs. I think next season will focus on stopping the drugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks