What's new
World Wide Stereo

Horizontal lines on my Infocus X1 (1 Viewer)

MikeHodges

Auditioning
Help please!

I have a very faint horizontal line seen on the screen which repeatedly travels up the screen most notably with DVDs. This is a brand new X1 with s-video input from a progressive scan DVD Sony DVD changer. This reminds me of the old vertical hold adjustment on the tube TVs but I cant find any adjustment controls for this. Any idea's. Thanks in Advance

728x90

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Most likely an interference from power cable or something. Try moving the power cord to another outlet or another surge protector. Otherwise, u might need one of them ground isolators or ground loop isolators.
I had this on my RPTV then got a Furman AVR 1045 which line conditions and is also a voltage regulator and everything's fine and dandy now.

Hope this helps...

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
It is almost definitely a ground loop. Do a Google search and research the topic. It's not terribly easy to discover the cause, but it's often due to an improperly grounded cable TV connection (the cable can be attached to anything and still cause this problem). Obviously, if you don't have cable TV anywhere in the house, your problem lies elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks