home theater assistance (1 Viewer)

Undefeated

Auditioning
Real Name
Arham
i have room that is 20 ft longg and 20 ft wide

now my brother lives in uae

and i live in pakistan

i want a hhhome theater for my room,i am not an audio phile and dont want the best audio system in the world,i just watch movies on th week ends and news 4 times a day after doing many surveys in the market i found two (htib) which fit my budget and my need

i have got a sony klv ex400 40" lcd and a sony ps3 slim and media streamer and want connectivity

two htib in box available in my area are

yamaha yht-294

http://asia.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-294___l/?mode=model

sony dav dz910

http://www.sony-mea.com/product/dav-dz910w

now plx help me!!!

i will connect my tv with optical audio to these

are these sound system good???

and which is the best of the two??

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The Sony has absolutely terrible connection options, so I wouldn't go with that one. The Yamaha looks decent, although it didn't mention component video connections, which you may want for you media streamer.

Also, you mention connection the TV to the receiver using the optical - that's not an ideal approach, because most TVs only output stereo for everything besides the tuner's signal.

Undefeated

Auditioning
Real Name
Arham
Originally Posted by Al.Anderson

The Sony has absolutely terrible connection options, so I wouldn't go with that one. The Yamaha looks decent, although it didn't mention component video connections, which you may want for you media streamer.

Also, you mention connection the TV to the receiver using the optical - that's not an ideal approach, because most TVs only output stereo for everything besides the tuner's signal.
i was thinking of the yamaha also

and i will connect the tv to receiver via optical so that the streamer and ps3 connected via hdmi to tv will get 5.1 other wise i have to get 2 cables :D

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
and i will connect the tv to receiver via optical so that the streamer and ps3 connected via hdmi to tv will get 5.1 other wise i have to get 2 cables :D

I wasn't clear, you don't want to go *FROM* the TV *TO* the receiver. If you do that you usually only get stereo sound. It's best to connect everything (DVDs, game systems, etc) to the receiver directly, and then connect the receiver to the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks