What's new

Highlander Immortal Edition vs. Regular Edition question (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I was thinking about picking up Anchor Bay's release of the original Highlander, but I was just curious: Is the bonus CD with the Queen songs the only difference content-wise between the Immortal Edition and the regular version?

Mainly, I'm wondering if the Queen music videos are on the regular version. According to the review at DVDFile, they are, but they are not on the back of the case. I already have the Queen album "A Kind of Magic," so I don't need the CD, but I might like to have the videos.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I have the immortal edition, but I don't know that I would have spent the extra 15 dollars for it over the 10 dollar edition. Just MHO.

I'm a fan of the original film, but unless you're a huge fan (or a huge Queen fan like I am) I would go with the single-disc edition.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know from personal knowledge, however, every site which I searched indicates that those music videos are only on the Immortal Edition. DVD File is the only source I found which says that they are on the Special Edition. I would say get the Immortal Edition.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile is wrong, the videos are not on the regular edition.
Get the Immortal Edition, it can be found for less than $15 most of the time anyway (versus $10 for the regular edition). Still cheap.

BTW, the video quality may be inherently grainy but the remastered soundtrack is great! (Though some of the dialogue is still rough, given the low budget nature of the film, they've made a really impressive soundstage anyway).

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
Basically the metal cased IE is for Queen fans.

I dont know of any extras that are on it that are not on the regular new DTS HL dvd besides queen stuff.....

The transfer is the same, and the audio is the same. The menu is the same too I think. Most likely its about the same first disc.....

A little something to look for in the menu....

You can see the head of Connors dragon katana break off as it hits the floor, and bounces away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks