What's new

Hendrix best album in my opinion..... (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I loved listening to him and his band when I was a teen and into my 20 forty years ago.
But Like The Doors it hasn’t held up for me.
One song I love is his version of Little Wing

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Pretty difficult to pick a favorite, as there are some great tracks on all of the albums. If I was going to a desert island and could only take one Hendrix album with me, it would be Are You Experienced. I have been listening to Hendrix for about fifty years and he remains one of my favorite musical artists. From just a sonic perspective, Third Stone from the Sun might be my favorite Hendrix song, which is on AYE.

- Walter.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I, too, would pick Are You Experienced. It's the one I listen to most as I love every track. And I'd go for the UK version as it has a couple of tracks not on the US release, though a different track sequence which can be jarring at times if you grew up with the US release like I did. I can't say that about any of his other albums, though each has tracks I like as much as those on AYE.

Real Name
KDP
I just bought a Jimi Hendrix cassette tape titled " From this day on" at the Atlanta record show. Is it SUPER rare and is worth a lot of money because I had seen it the last time and the vendor still had it after months ago.

Real Name
KDP
I have never seen that cassette tape anywhere in any local used store and I thought that it was a bootleg. It surprised me that the vendor still had it after all this time so I grabbed it especially just for 3 bucks.

Are you sure it's *that* rare?

There are 3 sellers with it on discogs for under ~$15 after shipping:

And a seller on Amazon has it for ~$26:

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have these two Hendrix records that I think are boots
Probably won them at the record wheel on the Wildwood boardwalk in the 80’s

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2940.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Not bootlegs but (very) early recordings when Hendrix was playing with other bands before he went out on his own. These were released after his death to capitalize on his name, often at budget prices ($2-$3/each vs. $5/$6 for actual Hendrix albums). The releasing labels calling them "Hendrix" albums were stretching things a bit as these are generally from when Hendrix was working as a featured sideman for saxophonist/vocalist Lonnie Youngblood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks