What's new

Help! I need a screen fast! (1 Viewer)

Russell Volz

Agent
I'm picking up my Panasonic PT-500 projector tomorrow, but have no screen selected. I need a ceiling mounted manual screen. The throw distance will be about 10.5 feet. I'm hoping to get a 90" 16:9 diagonal picture, since I only watch DVDs. I'm only willing to pay $100-$500 for a screen. What screen features should I be looking for? What screen do you recommend that I get and where should I get it? Thanks.

Russell

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Do you have a blank wall thats somewhat close to white?

If you're just wanting to demo the PJ (and not certain you're gonna keep it), to just get a basic idea of it running, a blank white wall usually does fine. Heck, ive had my X1 for about 3 months, i still shoot it on my wall (still thinking of the best way to build a DIY screen)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat as NickSo, still shooting on wall.

The only screen you can get for that money is a non-tensioned pull-down screen, which will eventually get wavy from being rolled up. For that price range you must either do a DIY screen, or deal with the eventual waves in a non-tensioned screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks