What's new

HELP! I cant get my SVS's to play (1 Viewer)

JasonWaddington

Stunt Coordinator
I have only one hooked up to the amp now. Could the amp require both to be hooked up before it works? I am using a y splitter from the lfe output on the sub, connected to two audio cables which are connected to 2 1/4" stereophonic adapters which are plugged into the amp. I have heard that sometimes amps do not work if both inputs are not filled with speaker wire. If that is not the problem, then what is it? I know the subs work because I plugged them into the standard speaker spots on the receiver and they put out bass(a suprisingly large amount at that). HELP!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Make sure the 1/4" connectors should be stereo or mono...

And make sure the amp is configured correctly.

Make sure the SUB is ON in the receiver's setup, and that it has some output level - not all the way up, but like half way for now.

Turn the gain (Samson??) on the front of the amp full up.

What rec. / sub amp (Samson?) are you using?

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,
We are assuming you have one of the Samson amps since you didn't say. Get rid of the Y adapter, make sure the 1/4 plug (just one now) is mono not stereo. Plug it into the channel 1 input, set the switch on the amp to parallel (this means it sends the signal from channel 1 to both outputs) and then follow everything else that Colin said.

Let us know if you are successful (did you get an SPL meter yet?)

Good Luck, Mitch

JasonWaddington

Stunt Coordinator
Its an old fidek 3002 amp. Can I get rid of the y connecter with it? I dont see any parallel switch anywhere...

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Yeah, SVS has always been email only. No phone number. But they email back just as fast then calling them. SVS is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks