What's new

HDMI to DVI connection with my DVD player; can't get picture-PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

Scott A Jones

Auditioning
I have owned a Pioneer DV-59AVI DVD player for about a year which is a model that has an HDMI output jack. I was using it for that period of time with a Sony VPL-HS20 LCD projector. This projector has both DVI and HDMI input jacks, so I had the DVD player connected to the HDMI jack and my HI-DEF satellite receiver connected to the DVI jack. Everything worked fine with this equipment combination.

I just upgraded my projector to a Sanyo PLV-80 projector which only had a DVI input jack. I have no problem getting a picture connecting the satellite receiver (DVI to DVI), but when I connect the DVD player to this jack via a cable with a HDMI connector for the DVD player on one end (and the DVI on the projector end) I cannot get a picture. I can get the DVD player's menu to work via this connection, but cannot get a picture.

Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong here or how to resolve it?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I have had luck with this issue, just attempting a different adapter scheme. Best of luck for sure with it.

Scott A Jones

Auditioning
Thank you John,

but isn't there anyone else out there that might consider 'chiming in' please? There has to be an answer to this to this problem; either a solution or an explanation as to why it will not work????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks