What's new
World Wide Stereo

HDMI Switch (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
My Samsung DLP has only one HDMI input, and now I need a second for an HP media center PC. I was just curious if there is any signal degradation when using an HDMI switch ? My thought is that there should be no signal degradation if the signal is pure digital, which can't be said for analog signals.

I plan to purchase a Philmore 2-in, 1-out switch with simple manual switching, but would like to know if there are any better options out there for less than $50 ?

Lastly, has anyone discovered a product that holds HDMI connectors securely in place ? I have been moving cables around a lot lately and I am finding that it does not take much to lose good contact with an HDMI cable. The connector is still in place, but I have to give it a wiggle and push to get the signal back. I wish HDMI inputs had been designed with a more positive connection.

728x90

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Monoprice.com will solve both your problems. Their HDMI switch is about $25. And they have a short HDMI "port saver cable" that supposedly has a tighter connection.

SeanA

Second Unit

Thanks Jim !!! I've not heard of Monoprice, but looks like they have a great variety of audio/video accessories. Their pricing looks decent too. I think I will be ordering both of the items you recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks