What's new

**** HBO's BAND OF BROTHERS: The True Story Of Easy Company. (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
This Thursday is the 20th anniversary of the premiere of Band Of Brothers. So close to the 20th anniversary of course of 9/11. Seems like yesterday to me. Hope this gets released on 4K soon. For now I’m going to rewatch it. Amazing series.
I just recently finish the tour of duty with the BoB DVD along with SPR and BRO in the last weekend... DVD still rocks, when you watch it with 720p Forced Upscale Resolution!

YANG

Screenwriter
God, it blows my mind that this thread got started 20 years ago tomorrow, and two days prior to 9/11, no less. When will HBO finally dish out a 4K for this series? It's long overdue.
This will be a test to HBO on their willingness to spend on the 4k mastering stage costs... depending on the potential demand of potential buyers to TV Series... which is coming to 20yrs of age, having it's limit on original source stock.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Hard to believe the excellent HBO series Band of Brothers came out 20 years ago. I never saw it on it's initial release (never had HBO). But, this is one of the first TV series I saw on DVD - not long after I got my first DVD player in early 2003.

The quality, drama, and battle scenes here blew me away. Definitely one of the greatest TV shows of all time. Each episode may as well have been a mini-film.

Some of the most memorable sequences:

- When they parachuted into Europe at night, all while under enemy fire. Very gripping.

-The incompetent superior officer (expertly played by David Schwimmer) whose arrogance/ineptitude cost lives. Typical, and very realistic.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
... - When they parachuted into Europe at night, all while under enemy fire. Very gripping...
yup! a good scene to test on OLED as well as FALD screens with the tracers and anti air guns shooting on the planes and paratroopers.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Still waiting for the 4K release of this amazing series. C’mon HBO!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wonder how much work it'd take though to remaster BoB in 4K/HDR and to actually do it well, not just some kinda hackjob $$$-grab or the like... that seemed to have happened w/ From the Earth to the Moon (at least for the BD before... as I actually haven't gotten around to checking out the 4K on HBO Max)...

Personally, I'm still plenty satisfied w/ just the BDs for BoB... though would be nice to have higher bitrates of the 4K (and maybe judicious touch of HDR) at least for streaming, if not also physical media. Probably don't really need 4K (up)rez though... and I suppose they won't be tempted to reformat this like they did for From the Earth to the Moon, heh...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder how much work it'd take though to remaster BoB in 4K/HDR and to actually do it well, not just some kinda hackjob $$$-grab or the like... that seemed to have happened w/ From the Earth to the Moon (at least for the BD before... as I actually haven't gotten around to checking out the 4K on HBO Max)...

Personally, I'm still plenty satisfied w/ just the BDs for BoB... though would be nice to have higher bitrates of the 4K (and maybe judicious touch of HDR) at least for streaming, if not also physical media. Probably don't really need 4K (up)rez though... and I suppose they won't be tempted to reformat this like they did for From the Earth to the Moon, heh...

_Man_
Are you saying the From the Earth to the Moon is a hack job?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks