What's new

Has DVDFile.com been Hi-Jacked? (1 Viewer)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
...or have I? DVDFile is normally among the sites that fire up as I launch Firefox, but tonight that tab is taking me somewhere decidely different. Not that I'm opposed to this sort of thing, it's just that I prefer to dial in smut at my own leisure. By the way, Internet Explorer was also unable to locate DVDFile, and took me to the same salacious site. My anti-virus software is up to date, and SpyBot and Ad-Aware were run as recently as two days ago. Anyone else having a problem? Cheers.

DS.

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
I believe they're updating the site.

Frankly, DVDFile.com has sort of lost its purpose since Peter left. Actually one might even argue that it jumped when Cliff S. quit doing reviews.

My favorite bits of DVDFile.com were the cutting sarcasm toward the studios and whomever DVDFile thought wasn't intellectually up to par.

Brian G.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
The secret to reading DVDFile reviews:

1) Click on the review you wish to read
2) Check the reviewer's name
3) If the name is "Mike Resitano", immediately close your browser and pretend the last 30 seconds never happened.

:)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I absolutely loved their in-depth look at the making of certain DVDs. As part of the new initiative, they've dropped the old material.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I really miss Pete Bracke's reviews.. his humour was right down my alley and I usually agreed with his opinion on films. :frowning:

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yeah, that site was once part of my regular morning rotation. Peter actually contacted me when I posted here once that I was having trouble logging onto his site. That impressed me.

I haven't been to their site in quite some time.

What is Peter up to these days?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
It's not as comprehensive as it once was, but I've appreciated Dan Ramer's articles keeping on top of the Blu-ray/HD DVD issues (no HD resolution over analog, copy protection, etc.)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I have also enjoyed Dan Ramer's columns about hi-def. He is
asking the questions that need to be asked and nobody is asking. I thought his analysis of the studios' supposed losses to piracy was absolutely on target. I hope he keeps up the good work.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Dvd file? Geez, that kind of rings a bell somewhere in the back of my head. Along with Ken Crane's and other dvd related sites that used to be good, and faded away into meaninglessness a long time ago. The big problem with DVD file was that when it underwent changes, they didn't tell anybody for the longest time, and just left people hanging. Very unprofessional transition to whatever kind of site they are now. :thumbsdown:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I used to be part of the forum staff (actually, I think I still am) but I haven't been to the site in months. Just nothing to see there. Move along.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I stopped going to that site months ago myself. Now its just the Bits, and DVD Talk for me. And of course the HTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks