What's new

HARRY POTTER -- comparison of WS v FS (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Said this before I have:

I'd like a different banner for FULL SCREEN, as well.

Here's why:

Let's say there is a title you're interested in but don't know all the specs, whether there are separate WS and FS versions. So you see this title and nothing plainly tells you it's Full Screen. You could buy it accidentaly, unless you read all the fine print on the back. Where if it has a FULL SCREEN banner, you'd say, hey wait I want the WideScreen Version.

Besides HP checkout The Princess Diaries, the FS version pretty well camoflauges it's true nature, unless you read the details in the feature box on back, (something you can't easily do at Wal-Mart anymore, now that they're locking up DVD's).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Henrik: I don't think it's an issue of lazyiness so much as the fact that most people wouldn't think to look on the back. Personally, I have a very limited amount of disposable income, so I heavily research my purchases before making them. I know exactly what to expect when I get to the store.

And if they have to release P&S, I prefer seperate releases to two versions in the same set. You either get an extra disc you have no use for (since they always seem to put the extras on the widescreen version and eat up the bits there) or two versions on the same disc competing for bits.

Harry Potter and Universal's flagpole releases are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks