What's new

Pre-Order Halloween I-V (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
80AC0012-34D1-46DD-AE77-BC4E5208FABC.jpeg AC24F3A6-25AE-4763-A67F-B5DDCEC2345A.jpeg A5E32A73-2FB1-4944-99F8-CE9598AD9F60.jpeg 1D56D34F-B921-4593-A7A9-CAEAB5741F37.jpeg D58F8634-1A97-4B04-BECC-810CD72E067F.jpeg

The first five classic HALLOWEEN films come trick-or-treating to the 4K UHD format in all new Collector’s Editions on Sept 28th ! Here’s the early details:
• HALLOWEEN (1978), HALLOWEEN II (1981), HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH, HALLOWEEN 4: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS and HALLOWEEN 5: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS will receive all-new HD transfers from their original camera negatives (Parts 1-3 are approved and supervised by Cinematographer Dean Cundey). This marks the debut of Parts 2-5 to the UHD format.
• All will sport a new 7.1 Dolby Atmos audio tracks!
• For a limited time only all five releases will come packaged in a rigid slipcase featuring newly commissioned art from artist Joel Robinson. The wrap on the UHD case inside will showcase this art too but is also reversible if you’d like to showcase the original theatrical poster art if you prefer.
• A Blu-ray disc (sporting the new transfers) will be included in each release as well as some previously existing bonus features. Potentially more are in progress and we’ll update you in the future with those details when they come in.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The original Halloween includes as a bonus feature an "Original Color Timing Session."

Shout Factory's website lists all of the details, including special features for each film, plus the Blu-rays included in each film are from the new 4K transfer and ALSO include the same Dolby Atmos mixes (for those who have not yet upgraded to 4K).

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I think I'll hold out for a lower price, if I upgrade then. I notice a lot of people are dumping their boxsets but I don't understand that logic.

With that being said, it's really too bad those hours worth of outtakes are still not available to be viewed. Don May gave an interview here while back talking about this footage and it's a shame we still haven't been able to see it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll hold out for a lower price, if I upgrade then. I notice a lot of people are dumping their boxsets but I don't understand that logic.
Never say never but I'd be surprised if they didn't drop more in price before the release. The only reasons that I see to sell off the boxset are if someone doesn't care about the Miramax ones (and the Zombie ones but they're available solo anyway) or because the box is going for an insane amount on the secondary market.

I know I'm getting these. I only hate one of these five movies and for a horror movie series, that's pretty good. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I already own the UHD of the first film, and the only other one I am interested in is Halloween II. If that comes available individually, I will bite. Otherwise, I am happy with the BD of that film, as it's not anywhere near as good as the original classic.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I already own the UHD of the first film, and the only other one I am interested in is Halloween II. If that comes available individually, I will bite. Otherwise, I am happy with the BD of that film, as it's not anywhere near as good as the original classic.
??? Those Amazon links are individual 4K disc releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I find it odd that they didn't do a box set too but I guess they decided against it since they only have 5 of the movies.
I'm glad they did it this way as I only have interest in the first two Halloween movies. I'm not sure I'll buy that first movie again on 4K disc as I have the 2018 Lionsgate 4K release.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they did it this way as I only have interest in the first two Halloween movies. I'm not sure I'll buy that first movie again on 4K disc as I have the 2018 Lionsgate 4K release.
I completely agree with Shout making the movies available individually but as a hardcore fan, I wanted a new Halloween box to sit next to my 400 other Halloween DVDs, Blu-rays, box set, and UHD. :)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Never say never but I'd be surprised if they didn't drop more in price before the release. The only reasons that I see to sell off the boxset are if someone doesn't care about the Miramax ones (and the Zombie ones but they're available solo anyway) or because the box is going for an insane amount on the secondary market.

I know I'm getting these. I only hate one of these five movies and for a horror movie series, that's pretty good. :)

Yeah one site has them at $28. I'll probably hold off and see if Amazon drops them cheaper. If not, Scream does countless sales a year so I'll pick them up eventually. I haven't really looked into them yet but if all of the extras are carried over I might just put these discs into the boxset case. I'm guessing them getting the rights to 6-8 and the Rob Zombies might be an issue or else they would have just done a 4K boxset.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
??? Those Amazon links are individual 4K disc releases.
Good to know. I cannot see the Amazon links via my phone's browser, and I must have misread the press release, as I interpreted it as being a box set.

So, just the 2nd film for me once the price drops. Like you, I am okay with the current UHD release of the first film.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Halloween:

KEPT

2013 Commentary with John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis
2014 Commentary with Dean Cundey, Tommy Lee Wallace, and Nick Castle (this was previously exclusive to the Shout! box)
"The Night She Came Home"
2004 Documentary "Halloween: A Cut Above the Rest"
TV Version scenes
Trailer
TV Sports
Radio Spots

RESTORED

1999 Documentary "Halloween Unmasked 2000"
Complete TV Version

NEW

Color timing presentation (whatever the hell that means)
Moustapha Akkad interview

DROPPED

1994 Audio Commentary With John Carpenter, Debra Hill, and Jamie Lee Curtis (this is owned by Criterion who licensed it out to Anchor Bay for their releases)

Halloween II, III and 5 are identical to the previous Shout box/Collector's Edition discs in terms of bonus content. Notably Halloween III is presented in stereo for the first time on this release.

Halloween 4:

KEPT

2005 Audio Commentary with Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris
2005 Audio Commentary with Dwight H. Little and Justin Beahm
Original Trailer

RESTORED

2005 Documentary The Making of Halloween 4: Final Cut

ADDED

The Making of Halloween 4 (dunno if this is different from the documentary above)
TV Spots
Still Gallery

DROPPED

Discussion Panel

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I completely agree with Shout making the movies available individually but as a hardcore fan, I wanted a new Halloween box to sit next to my 400 other Halloween DVDs, Blu-rays, box set, and UHD. :)
Shout is selling two different boxed sets, but these are only available exclusively from Shout Factory directly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Shout is selling two different boxed sets, but these are only available exclusively from Shout Factory directly.

I might be missing it but based on previous similar releases, I'm pretty sure that those are options to purchase the individual UHDs & posters along with the records or pins in various groupings and not a box with all of them together.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
"Original Color Timing Presentation" means it's the blu-ray version with the more faithful theatrical color timing. That version is on disc two of the Complete Collection set as well.

Last edited:

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I wonder if the first film is the same as the 4K previously released. On the Shout! site, it lists "original mono", and there was dissatisfaction that previous release's "mono" was a fold down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks