What's new

Guys - How much would you spend on a pair of shoes? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I swear (@#!*&^!) by Ecco shoes. The most comfortable I've ever owned. They range from $150 to $200. A Danish company. A good site for shoes (if you know your size by brand) is:
www.zappos.com

Shane Bos

Second Unit
I have spent upto $350 for a pair of Nike's. Usually spend about $150 for an average pair of shoes. I did pay nearly $500 for my hockey skates though. I am usually forced to buy more expensive shoes becasue they don't make cheap size 18's

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
nuttin but the best for me
converse all star high tops... i'll pay up to $30 for the black uns...thats why mine are usually yellow (dammmit fergot to wear my christmas ones, red green and digleballs)

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I wear hiking style boots exclusively (except for excersize and formal occasions). I spend between $50-100 on a pair. I had a pair of Timberlands that lasted 4 years, though they were falling apart at the end. I paid $100 for those. The ones I wear now I paid $50 for and have held up quite well for over 2 years now.

I couldn't concieve spending more than $100 on a pair of shoes/boots.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I spend what I feel is a reasonable amount... For work and school, a good running shoe has always served me best, this year I went with a pair of Tuned Air II (around $180 USD I think, less on a staff discount) that have been very comfertable, but alas, the build quality is certainly that Nike, and I will need a new pair soon.

Being in Newfoundland, slush capital of North America :b I needed some good winter boots for going back and forth to clases, etc... But I didin't want a full fledged winter boot, too clumsy and hard to wear all day. I found a pair of Columbia boots, rubber bottoms and waterproof upper, which I've found flawless so far this winter. VERY warm, and great quality. They ran in the $140 range I believe)

And finally, a pair of dress shoe's, about $120, they will last years as they are only worn at weddings, funerals, and job interviews. I'm not at a stage in my life where formal wear is a must for all occasions, so a single pair get me by quite nicely. (but are only margionally comfertable)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I just bought a pair of Johnston & Murphy dress shoes for $215. They look good and are very comfortable with a cushy running shoe foam insole.

DavidAM

Second Unit
As far as dress shoes go, I could justify spending up to $250 if I really like them, but usually find something I like between $100-200 with $150-180 being a good average for a dress shoe that I like. I don't care if I have this years style for tennis shoes though, so I usually buy the ones on sale for $50-100.

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a shoe freak. Absolutely no limit on what I'll spend as long as I like them. I find more expensive shoes break in better and the upper leather is much tougher over the long haul. For example, The Tod's I've had for 3 years now with getting probably near 80% of my daily wear. The upper's are in perfect shape, but the rubber has finally worn through to the sole (sunny day wear only now). They may have cost 3 times what a normal casual cost, but they also last 3 times longer.

Dress - Alden ($425) and two pairs of Brooks Bros ($275)
Casual - JP Tod's ($400), Paciotti ($375), Zegna ($375) and a pair of Cole Haan ($200). The Cole Haan are the worst made pieces of crap I've ever bought in my life. Sole split within 2 months of buying them and had to be reglued. Started squeaking on all surfaces within 6 months. Never buy a pair of them again. Everytime I wear them, you can hear me coming from a mile away.

Funny though, as far as sneakers are concerned, (I wear them only for sporting practice) that I buy whatever is cheapest usually in the $50 range.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Best advice my grandmother ever gave me, "Never skimp on shoes. Buy the best you can afford and then some."

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I swear (@#!*&^!) by Ecco shoes. The most comfortable I've ever owned. They range from $150 to $200. A Danish company.
I have a pair of Ecco Streets that are probably the most comfortable shoes that I own.

I'll list my favorites -

Prada Sport
Salvatore Ferragamo (these are the shoes that triggered this thread)
Kenneth Cole
Bruno Magli (yay OJ)
Ecco
Clarkes
AND1

I have 1 pair of the prada sport slip ons, a pair of ferragamos, like 5 pairs of various ken coles (some cole some Reaction), one magli, two eccos, a pair of clarkes, 1 pair of AND1 slipons and like 3 pairs of various slippers/mules for shuffling around the house when it's cold. I am a self-admitted shoe whore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks