What's new

Got my SP 4805/X-Box do progressive? (1 Viewer)

Well this is my first projector and I am amazed!!!! I have been playing my X-Box all night!!! The colors and clarity are AMAZING! My question is though.......does the X-Box do progressive scan? Anyone know? I have soem extra cables to connet a seperate DVD player but if I can do it through my X-Box since its allready hooked through component inputs then I would like to do that.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
A stock XBox with the HD pack will do 480p, 720p, or 1080i for games depending on what the game supports. It plays back movies in 480i only.
While a good 480i input is all the 4805 needs to provide an outstanding picture due to its excellent de-interlacer, the XBox is apparently not all that great a DVD player and you'd do well to get a dedicated one to maximize the 4805's potential. I'd get a DVI player, that way you can leave the XBox plugged into the component inputs.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad to hear about this pj with XBox. I am getting this pj in the near future. My setup will be as follows though: Digital Cable/HDTV through DVI, DVD and XBox via Component through a component switcher, and VCR through composite. I'm looking forward to seeing everything hooked up in the near future.
What screen do you have?

Jack: Thank you I will take your advice on that

Paul: It came with a 76 inch screen. Its is actually made my InFocuse which suprised me. Or it at least has the InFocus badging in it. I will mount that later today. Right now I am projecting onto my bedroom wall and the picture is still mind numbing. X-Box over this projector is insane! Colors are vivid and the clarity is extremely sharp. I still can't believe how far projectors have come the last few years. You will love this projector when you get it. I can't to watch my first DVD on it tomorrow.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah! I've been playing SW Battlefronts the last few nights which is in 480p widescreen. Too cool. :)

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
Joseph and whoever else got there 4805 at Costco, does the screen come with hardware to hang it? I went to my Costco last night and it doesn't say what all is in the box with the screen. The only thing they advertise is the pj, with free screen and 30' SVideo cable. Does the screen come with hardware to hang it?
Thanks all

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
What did you use to hang? Where did you get it from? I'm looking at hanging on the wall.
Thanks again

Paul,

I used a couple of flat brackets and 2 screws on each side. It's holding pretty good. I am moving in April of next year so I didn't want to do anything more permanent. You might be able to get away with jsut putting a few screws into the wall. Just make sure they are in there good.

Anthony_Fros

Agent
I used hooks from the Home Depot for the ceiling and of all things keyrings to hang them from the hooks. I was having a problem with the screen hitting the door with it set up the way I had it so we tried the keyrings and it worked like a charm!

cabreau

Second Unit
Try these two tests.

1. Run the XBox into the projector using the S-Video cable and let the projector scale and deinterlace it and make it look nice.

2. Run the XBox in 720p mode using the component cables (RGB) and see what that looks like.

You'll probably be very surprised at how well the projector's DCDi works using S-Video.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I remember a site that I saw about a year ago that had a table of every available Xbox game and whether it supported 16x9 or HD. Does anyone know where that is?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks