What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Good source for Big and Tall clothing? (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I have always been big and tall but after loosing my job a few months ago I got a little bigger ( don't be jealous) and my clothes don't fit anymore. I am starting a new job on Monday and I found out that there is a very casual dress code ( ironically my slacks and dress shirts still fit just fine) and I am having a tough time finding clothes.I am pretty tall so I have a hard time with shirts being long enough and I have noticed that most pants are made for short round people. I guess they don't think us tubby bastards can be tall too... and I'm not THAT tall.

I have looked at Casual male and they seem to have either golf clothes or clothes that are a little more "urban" than I care for. Any ideas?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Have you tried KingSize? They offer more of the casual, business appropriate clothing you are looking for. The only really crappy thing about them is their poor customer service and the fact that you have to pay for a finished pants hem.

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie. I'm 6'7" and 360 lbs... I find it almost impossible to find shirts/pants that are 5XLT. Pants are the most infuriating thing about being my size. You are absolutely right about most pants being designed for short round people. You can add "tree-trunk" legs to that description because it's just about impossible to buy pants that don't have legs with Giganta-sized circumferences. Have they not heard of tapering? I don't many men with calves as large as their thighs.

The fact that there aren't a plethora of choices in Men's Big & Tall is amazing since according to every news piece coming down the pike we are only getting fatter and taller as a nation. I'm personally delighted that CasualMale is carrying clothes that are more age appropriate for my 30 year old life.... I'm sick & tired of dressing 10-15 years older than I am just to find clothes in my size.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I actually and looked at the Casual Male website. The stores around here seem to cater to the two groups I mentioned, golf and very urban looks ( waist line to your knees, t-shirts that go down to your knees ( I assume to cover your bottome so we should thank that designer) and that sort of thing. So it looks like it might be a good resource after all. I also found that Old Navy's website has much better prices on their denim but they only go up to a size 48 in the waist, now sure about length.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm rather generously proportioned myself and find getting clothes a total pain. Being based in the UK, I can't recommend stores for you. However, I've found that of all things, ebay is pretty good - there are a number of good retailers based in the USA (I know, because I've ordered from them). For everyday casual wear, I've found Haft to be a pretty good make.

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
I've been buying clothes and shoes from Kingsize for over 35 years and I find their customer service and selection to be excellent.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
At 6'3-4", ~300lbs, I am cursed with being smack in between the regular range of clothing and the big and tall stuff. For example, my waist size (44 for most brands) is too large for department stores and too small for Big & Tall:

3242 ME 4650+

It is as if I were standing in the middle of a singularity in the clothing range. Department stores do order a few (litterally, like 2 or 3) 42-44 waist items at the begining of the season, but they are gone very fast. Whatever is left is almost always ridiculously short (30 lenght or somesuch).

Shopping is an extremely frustrating nightmare that I avoid unless I have to (as in, when I litterally have nothing to wear).

--
H

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I feel your pain Holadem. I'm 6'2" 265lb, very broad and I have a hellof a time even finding 38-42 in my inseam. It's like they think the fatter you are the shorter you are.

I did get my work pants from Casual Male. 40-34 in the George Foreman Comfor Zone. Very comfortable.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
What a timely thread. I just got back from yet another frustrating clothes shopping experience. I couldn't find a single shirt or pair of pants that fit well so all I came home with were two pairs of socks. At 6'4", 220lbs I wear a 36"-36" in pants and need a tall sized shirt that fits XL in the shoulders but tapers at the waist. I feel like a schlep most of the time because all I can find that fits well are jeans and cheapo T-shirts.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
My mother in law told me that Burlington Coat Factory has a good selection of Big and Tall clothes but I found them to be a bit too funky for my tastes. I found several pairs of pants that were my size but when I tried them on they all had a crotch that hung WAY too far. I don't know why this needs to be so difficult. I almost hate to order clothes online but as I have mentioned the Casual Male that is nearest to me seems to cater to urban hip hop and golf customers, I guess I am somewhere in themiddle. For jeans, I am ok with the worn washed look but I like them to fit, I perfer a boot cut leg but not baggy and boot cut does not mean go from heel to toe either. As always it seems that it pays to be a woman. My wife is also a customer of the big and tall clothing racks and we have no trouble finding clothes for her whether it be at Walmart or a department store.

So far I have 1 pair of pants to start my new job in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks