What's new

Good online source for a new cpu? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Im looking to buy a new computer...
something with these specs:
1.4 Ghz AMD or P4
256 MB Ram
20GB HD
CD RW
16x DVD
Everything else can be minimal (video card, speakers, I don't want a monitor)... basically, I want a barebones system with the above "necessities". Ill do the other stuff myself.
Can anyone recommend a reliable website that can provide this type of "barebones" system? Thanks in advance!

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I get most of my parts from either NewEgg or Link Removed . Both places have good prices and good service (shipping is decent for the most part). I know for sure that Mwave has barebones systems, and I'd guess Newegg does too
------------------
My DVD collection

Roy C.

Second Unit
I've also used Mwave with great success. I would try ubid.com as they are an auction site and you might be able to get good pricing, if cost is an issue. Further, try pricewatch.com to find out what people are asking for components.
Good luck,
Roy C.
------------------

James St

Supporting Actor
I second Newegg. I just purchased an Asus A7M266 mobo from them. They have some of the best prices I've seen. If you're looking for a place that builds barebone systems for you then try cyberpowerpc.com. You can custom configure a pc however you want. I got a barebones system from there back in December.

brian a

Second Unit
Try www.pricewatch.com
If newegg.com is close to the best price I usually go with them since, as others have said, they have never let me down. But I have never had a problem with any of the vendors on pricewatch.
brianca

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
i will add another vote for both www.newegg.com and Link Removed both are great places and will service you well. BTW GET THE FOLLOWING:
AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz
Epox 8KHA KT266 DDR Board
256MB PC2100 DDRRAM
Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM
Plextor 16x/10x with BurnProof technology
All of this for under $700! And thats one smoking PC.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Kelley B, where can I get that system? I checked both sites you mentioned, but I got a feeling I could look forever and not find that same system - what a deal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks