What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Going to the UK, What do I need for Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

I'm getting sent over to the UK for work next week. I'll be there for 2 months. I'd like to take my Xbox with me. What will I need to do that? I'm assuming wherever I stay will have a TV. Will I need any special converter for either signal or power? WIll Xbox Live work if I have highspeed internet in my room?

Chad

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Well, your tv over there will probably be a pal system so you'll need a convertor to take your NTSC Xbox signal and convert it into a PAL signal the TV will recognize. The downside is the cheapest convertor I've seen is at least $90, there may be cheaper ones, I've just never seen them.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

You'll need a power converter. UK XBoxes won't run US Xbox games (and vice versa) generally.

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a power converter, and a US Xbox with US games. The coax plug on the TV is different than a US plug. If I buy a UK Xbox Rf adapter with the correct type of plug, can I plug in and run my Xbox?

Chad

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I believe RF won't work - you need composite. And even then, it depends on the TV supporting 60Hz which most modern UK TVs will do.

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
Probably won't work them. My TV in my hotel room only has a coax input. No composite input. Damn, drug my Xbox all the way across the ocean for nothing.

Chad

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Is there a vcr in the room? Some hotels have them there, that could be an option.

Devin U

Second Unit
you can probably get a SCART XBOx cable to hook up audio/video. Most tvs over there use SCART. Check ebay or a electronics store when you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks