What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Godzilla Sequel? (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Recently retired Sony Pictures Chief John Calley was once asked, after a press conference where Sony announced a whole slew of sequels (MIB 2, Charlie's Angles 2, Stuart Little 2 and Zorro 2) whether their would be a Godzilla 2. His reply "That's not a picture we're in a hurry to make" :)
- Guy

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I didn't really think the first was that terrible aside from the acting. But still, I wouldn't really want a sequel.

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
New York will be featured in the (now in production) next (and last, for a while) Japanese Godzilla film, Godzilla: Final Wars.
Back in 1999, plans for a TriStar Godzilla sequel were being made. It was not to be a direct sequel, but it would be a sequel as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was a sequel to Star Trek, The Motion Picture. And, Godzilla would've been more like the Japanese one. This was explained to me by Toho's Los Angeles office general manager.
Sony/TriStar will be seriously considering a limited theatrical release of Godzilla: Final Wars here.:emoji_thumbsup:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The only good thing to come out of the TriStar "Godzilla" was the specialty ice cream flavor tie-in. Mmmm-mmmm-mmm, dee-lish!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I honestly think that "Godzilla" helped to kill off TriStar Pictures. Notice how that label hasn't released anything in years.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The '98 US Godzilla was actually mentioned in Toho's Godzilla/Mothra/King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack; during an JSDF briefing about how Gojira hasn't been seen since his original attack, one soldier asks another about the monster that attacked New York City at the end of the last century. The second replies that the Americans think that was Godzilla, but the Japanese knew better.

Leo

Second Unit
Just finished watching Toho's Godzilla/Mothra/King Ghidorah and it rocks. Highly recommended to the original Godzilla movie fans. I love how at the close of the film the original score is again used. Brought back great memories of my childhood love of the film. And when the original hits the Atlanta theater area, I'll be there this summer to watch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks