What's new

Godfather Trilogy 4 Disc Blu for $41.99 at BB 11/30-12/1 (1 Viewer)

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven

Today's Sunday newspaper ad also has a list of a handful of $19.99 titles:

Madagascar
Batman: The Movie
40-Year Old Virgin
Knocked UP
Patton
Eastern Promises
Top Gun (now on-line for $11.99)
X-Men The Last Stand
American Gangster
The Italian Job

and $24.99 Blu-ray titles:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid
Night at the Museum
Live Free or Die Hard
Flags of our Fathers
Ice Age

Buy 2 and get a $10 BB giftcard. Buy 3 and get a $20 giftcard.

So, with this price drop to $11.99 on Top Gun, grab two more from the list and choose in-store pick up. Take the ad with you to make sure they give you the gift card deal, too.

If you choose the other two from the $19.99 list, that would give you $51.99 - $20 giftcard + tax. That gets you to approx. $10.66 per title + tax.

Not bad.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I'm hoping the Firefly BD set will come down some more somewhere (w/ Amazon doing their match) -- it's currently at ~$45. :P

_Man_

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Amazon now is matching Godfather Trilogy Price (plus no tax for most and free shipping available).

Barnes and Noble has the Firefly BR Series for 34+ tax for members with free shipping or 38+tax for non members.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/...3533696/?itm=2

Members: J4R3N7M [Exp. 12/07] or Y7L8H9H [Exp. 12/01] OR 20% with a B&N Mastercard with code N7P8K9P

Non-Members: 15% Off Coupon M8H7N3F

I have not verified the coupon codes, but I think they are reliable.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
Thanks, David. The non-member 15% off code works just fine. My order for the Firefly BD totaled $40.92 with tax, with free expedited shipping.

Man, my credit card is taking a beating this holiday season!

Mark

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sweet! Thanks for the B&N details, particularly for the Firefly BD set. :emoji_thumbsup: I had thought the set was ~$45 before the coupon, but apparently, I didn't look carefully enough (since that's just the non-member price).

I also had a 40% off coupon that just expired, but I think that was only good for books though.

Anyway, I'll probably pick up the Firefly BD set from them using the coupon w/ member's discount then (and no longer need to rent the 3rd disc this week). Thanks again, David.

_Man_

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I ended up picking up the trilogy from BB for $31.99, although I had to work for that 10 bucks.

My afternoon of BB hell:

I ordered online with in-store pickup shortly before posting this thread. I didn't make it down to the store until about 2:00 in the afternoon. The customer service person grabbed my order from behind the counter and it was the SD version. She looked confused at first and proceeded to double check that I had indeed ordered the bluray and that the one in her hand was SD, etc. She then left the counter for about 15 minutes looking for a Blu copy. She came back empty handed and said someone else was checking the warehouse. Another 10 minutes later and he came up empty handed. All she offered to do at that point was cancel the order, refund my credit card and send me home. I asked her to call the next closest store and have them lay their hands on a copy. She did, and tried to send me on my way at that point with "they have a copy at the customer service desk for you and maybe they'll honor the price". Me - "Maybe?!". Her - "Well, you could order online again and select in-store pickup from there". Me - "Can you do it from here so I don't have to go home first?" Her - "Sure.... I guess".

I was probably in that store for close to an hour. I headed out to the other store and received my second email ("Your order is ready to be picked up") for the new online order while I was on my way. The person at this store couldn't find my order behind the counter. Ugh, here we go again... She looked several times, confirmed that I had received the second email (I showed it to her on my blackberry) and ended up getting someone else to help look. The second person couldn't find it either and said she would grab another copy. Before she left the counter, she offered to take $10 off for the inconvenience since it would be a few minutes to grab another copy. I couldn't believe it. It had been less than 10 minutes total at that point. And this person had no idea of what I had gone through at the other store. This store offered me $10 off for a 5-10 minute inconvenience, while the other store wanted to send me home empty handed after they pulled the wrong product and ran out.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, that's certainly a pain, but I guess netting the $10 off helps ease that pain some.

BTW, I thought BB has some sort of guarantee that your pickup would be ready for you w/in a minute or so once you get to the pickup counter, no? I forget the details now. Maybe the clerk at the 2nd BB simply followed their policy in offering you the $10 off while the one at the 1st BB failed miserably in all areas.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks