What's new

Glass beaded = diaster? (1 Viewer)

Colin T

Auditioning
Hello, first time posting here. I just set up my projector (viewsonic pj1075, not bought for this purpose) and have encountered a problem. The picture is quite grainy on my screen, a Dalite Model B glass beaded 84" diagonal. From what I've found on these forums, there are two problems with glass beads: graininess and excessive refraction. That's another problem I have, the room is incredibly bright. My projector is mounted around 3 feet above and 2 feet behind the viewing area and the screen is 13 feet from the projector. I have complete control of lighting in the room. Since the screen is brand new, should I return it for a matte white? Any other suggestions. Thanks.

Colin T

Auditioning
After viewing some more, I've discovered that much of what I had attributed to graininess is really pixelation. Not to say the graininess isn't there, but the pixelation is much worse. What I mean when I say "pixelation" is that when there's an object in the background (like a person), it's possible to view the individual pixels. This projector was bought to use for presentations. It's a XGA DLP, so perhaps that's responsible for the problem. Since this is a 1024x768, 4:3 projector and it's displaying a 16x9 image (it letterboxes it) is it possible that those objects have such a low resolution that pixelation occurs? Thanks.

Colin T

Auditioning
Please just tell me if switching from glass beaded to matte white is a good idea. If I don't do this soon, I lose the option. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks