What's new

Give / Receive the Gift of a Video Calibration: Question and Answer Thread (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Greetings!

Lion Audio Video Consultants is pleased to be offering "Give The Gift Of Calibration" this holiday season. If you would like someone to give you the gift of a video calibration simply link to this form, then complete the information. The information will be emailed to the person whom you wish to purchase the calibration gift certificate for.

Holiday Gift Certificate Request Form

Please ask your questions here.

Seasons greetings!!

Gregg Loewen
Email LionAV

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hp?bannerid=77

www.lionav.com

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
For those of you in an especially giving mood, Gregg will be calibrating my set early next year. Any gifts are greatly appreciated!!:D :D :D

JimmyK

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Gregg calibrated my TV earlier this year, and it was money well spent. Probably the best thing I bought for my hometheater.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, it sounds very expensive at first but when you consider the total investment in your home theater system, much less the investment of your time in watching and enjoying movies, it is worth every penny and then some.

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
To anyone who is on the fence, just go for it! Gregg just did a touch-up calibration on my set, in addition to lining it with Duvetyne fabric, and I couldn't be happier. I met him a little over a year ago when he did the initial calibration. I now consider myself someone who will always seek out his services, no matter what set I have, or what location I'm in. Buying a calibration session as a gift for someone is great, but it is also giving them a very decent, personable gentleman to do the job.
:D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hi Gregg,

Just a reminder to pencil me in for February!

Remember the other day I'd settled on the 55613 for $100 more than the 55513? Well, I dropped by Sears to see what they could do, and they only carry up to the 513 series. But the price they offered me on the 55513 was $400 less than Brandsmart's price on the 55613! BM wouldn't budge on the price, so I'm going to forego the Quad Field Focus this go-around. (I also realized that the 613 has coaxial speakers instead of full-range, but either way I'll be listening through my Paradigms.)

On the bright side, I can use the $400 to get myself a proper audio rack. (My components are currently arranged on an old coffee table. :) )

Rick Faldo

Stunt Coordinator
Just had my new Toshiba 57HX93 calibrated by MichealLTV. Suffice it to say, I had no idea how amazing this unit could look....and he almost made me want to go into the ISF business he had so much fun!!!
Thank you Michael

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Gregg,

WS-55513 is in da house! (When I made the purchase, the register took ANOTHER $72 off the price -- total including tax barely crossed the $2K mark!)

Broke out the ol' rabbit ears and enjoyed $20,000 Pyramid in HD when the set was delivered this morning. Looking forward to some more interesting programming. :)

MarkStash

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron:

How'd you pull off the great price? Online they have your set listed at $2,799.

Finally, howya liking it? Thanks-

Mark

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
a) Go into the store and tell the salesman you've been shopping around and found some lower prices, and ask what the best pricematch they can offer is. (Or better yet, say you know somebody who got the set at Sears for $1934, and ask if they can still offer that price.) They have a little book behind the counter that has the Secret Super Prices in it. I've heard of other people on this board getting incredible deals on TVs at Sears in the past, too.

a.5) Sears currently has a mail-in rebate offer for the cost of shipping ($39). They also have 1-year interest-free financing if you get a Sears card.

b) Combining the set with my new recliner sofa, I never, ever, ever want to leave my den (which is semi-attached to the kitchen) again! (Of course, here I am at work. . .)

In other words, I am very happy with the set. The only thing I don't like about it (which is endemic to Mitsubishis in general) is that the screen could be a few inches higher. But I can deal with that by simply reclining my sofa a little extra. :)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Gregg,

Thank you for the email reply the other day.

One question....when you come out to do an isf, does that void any manufacturers or extended warranties? How about taking off the protective screen?

Thanks

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Time to unstick this thread.

Jason, please do a search on this forum, you will find lots of discussion about your question.

Happy New Year to all!!!!

gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks