What's new

Ghosting on Mitsu WS-55859 RPTV? (1 Viewer)

KyleY

Grip
Hey all,

I've been enjoying my new Mitsu, but I recently noticed a little ghosting above the images. As an example, a dark building with clear sky above it has a slight line directly above the building (a ghost of the top of the building). It appears most where light and dark objects meet. The only calibration I have done so far is the convergence.

Does this sound like a problem with my particular TV (defective), this model TV, a calibration issue, a problem with the source, or something else (electrical interference, maybe?)?

The source is a Toshiba 4109 (?) DVD changer (older model), connected with decent quality component video cables (IXOS), playing Star Wars I.

I had also noticed this problem with standard resolution TV (no HDTV yet), but I assumed that was because of a poor signal and / or just poor quality images. What does this sound like to you guys? A big thanks in advance,

--Kyle

KyleY

Grip
I think it probably is edge enhancement then. When I watched parts of BraveHeart, I didn't notice the problem. I'm surprised Star Wars wasn't done a little better :frowning: Thanks a bunch for your help,
--Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks