What's new

Garfield Prime Tiem Specials (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I read the update on www.TVShowsOnDVD.com but was unsure of one aspect and wanted to ask Dave or Gord whether this "packaging" will simply be some sort of promotional price reduction (slap a cardboard band around the cases and mark down the tag) or if the current discs will actually be reissued in a physical box set?

If it's the latter... :angry:

I hate when studios do that!!

Universal did it with their Dr. Seuss Animated Classics forcing me to rebuy every single title after a full year of owning them because I'm such an eccentric obsessive compulsive!

Anyways, hope one of you could clarify.

Thanks!

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I think it will be a physical box containing the three previously released discs. I don't expect the box to be all that spectacular though... just something simple to entice folks for the holidays.

Dale_

Agent
How many people remember Garfield's first animated appearance anywhere ever? A 1980 prime-time special called "The Fantastic Funnies"?

John*D

Second Unit
It doesn't make sense for them to release this without the HOLIDAY disc, especially if they are releasing this set for the Holiday's.

I already have all the single releases. If this had included all of the discs with a special box, that would have been cool to try and get.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I have to say when I heard about this set it ticked me off. I have gotten all of the specials already and I HATE it when they re-release things even if it is just to add a box around them. I am a completist and that irks me. I won't be buying this set. Although I guess it would be worse if they added new bonus features.

:angry: :thumbsdown:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Josh, but I have to say that I am kind of happy that the Holidays disc isnt be included in this upcoming set because it gives me even more reason to not pick it up. If all the ingle disc cases had been nicely packaged in a convenient box with fitting artwork, I probably would have double-dipped - and NOT been happy about it! Just because I'm a bitter selfish bastard when it comes to purchasing DVD's the way that I want them, I hope this is the cheapest, ugliest box Fox has ever seen! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks