What's new

FYI: BPD 02 series specs are up (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The 10" looks like it would work well in very small PR boxes, about 1ft^3 with the Stryke 12 or 15's.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Let me rephrase that. I cannot find any specs on the 02 series. I clicked on the "News" link and then it says "Check the specs!" but there is no link.

Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

Brian, click on the following: drivers, 02, driver of choice, image (well, the broken image..is a link to the specs) in the middle of the page.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hey, these subs look pretty damn impressive. But since they're 2ohm subs(or are they not), how do you go about hooking them up? Do you need a certain kind of amp?
I just finished with my 12"DVC+PR sub and now I want more. Dammit! :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

2 ohms PER coil. these are more autoish type subs where auto people run 1ohm amps. You can wire these up in series.....

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
OK, guys! At least now I know I'm not crazy! When I go to the drivers page, only the 01 and 03 series appear. So I hit the refresh button and the 02 link finally showed up. I have the same problem over at HTT. I always have to hit the refresh button to see the latest posts of a thread I've already been to before.

Brian

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Holy Xmax, Batman!

Brian, look at the series 01 10". Are you thinkin' what I"m thinkin'? No...no...mustn't go there...can't...need to stick with low cost drivers...no........no...

A

Anthony_Gomez

well, you might be interested to hear that the 01 series are getting an upgrade=)

I don't know if I am telling something that is a secret, but oh well! =)

drivers will be getting a new motor and voice coil The rest will be the same. Result: little better sensitivity and now up to 16mm xmax (32mm p-p)...cost will increase a little, but still a hell of a deal!

..must not spend.....must resist.....

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
hmmmm if the 01's are getting an upgrade, and SVS-Tom has previously mentioned that they used to use something similar to the 01 for the CS/PC line AND NOW the SVS CS/PC line is also getting an upgraded woofer

things that make ya go hmmmmmm....makes that 01 look like a major bargain. check out some of the pics going around of the new SVS driver vs the old and the old one sure looks like an 01 driver, but with an inverted dust cap (which btw, does what for a driver?)

just an observation...

A

Anthony_Gomez

Something else to make you go hmmmm..

both the 01 series and SVS drivers (the originals that are being upgraded) were designed and built by FRC sound works.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
hmmmmmmm is right - is there any other info on the SVS drivers out there?

using the search here, i found a link to an old thread that claimed to have some good info, but it was a link to the old UBB board, which of course is not used any more. i tried searchign the archive and seemingly cannot come up with the right thread....

So here's my question - if the 1201 is so similar to the SVS driver, and so many are people are tryign to get SVS like performance, why aren't more people using the 1201?

btw - does FRC have a site? Do they make drivers for anyone else?

A

Anthony_Gomez

FRC does have a website, but it won't help you. Scott hasn't updated it in ages. He was planning on tearing it down and just leaving contact info. FRC now just does OEM work, but I am sure they will do a custom driver on a group order (I forget the min).

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Scott (& FRC) has been kind of "out of touch" lately, since they are moving the operations to Vegas. I have discussed the possiblity of a "custom" driver order with him, and he is more than willing to accomodate any orders of 25 or more (preferably more.) If they have the parts in stock, almost any cone, surround, basket, and voice coil arrangement can be completed fairly quickly (Scott's reply to me.) I believe that their 01,02,03 drivers will become very popular once the words "gets out" to the masses.

JP

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I have discussed the possiblity of a "custom" driver order with him, and he is more than willing to accomodate any orders of 25 or more (preferably more.) If they have the parts in stock, almost any cone, surround, basket, and voice coil arrangement can be completed fairly quickly (Scott's reply to me.)
I'm still interested in discussing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks