What's new

FURY, CIRCUS BOY and BUCKSKIN (1 Viewer)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I have various episodes of these three in old transfers from 16mm. How I wish these would come out in nice full-length transfers that contain all the episodes. CIRCUS BOY is 49 episodes and BUCKSKIN is only 39 episodes. Fury lasted a reasonably 5 seasons and 116 episodes. Circus Boy is running currently on one of those nostalgic channels that have poor and edited prints with all kinds of popups popping up. I guess the only hope is for Encore Westerns to pick these up. At least we could record them complete and with decent transfers.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I remember watching Circus Boy when I was a lad. I think that it was a very good series and I would very much like to see it released on DVD.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
For a while Region 2 season releases of Fury were available on Amazon UK. I snagged season one but the others don't seem to be available anymore.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Unfortunately as I live in the UK I don't get this channel. There are so many classic TV programmes that I have only seen again because they have been released on DVD.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The Fury set from Germany is a nice set content-wise. It is about the size of a LP album and an inch or so thick, which is not shelf friendly. Discs are in cardboard sleeves, in a large cardboard "book" with cardboard pages for the different seasons. In my set, the cardboard sleeves were not so tight that you damage discs getting them out. Still, I put my discs in new cases that fit with my other DVD sets. IIRC, everything written on the set is in German, (except the title "Fury"), but there is English Audio on all episodes. Why we cannot get a complete series set in the USA, who knows, but I was happy to at least have this as an alternative.

I was never able to match all of the episode titles from the German set to English episode titles available online. Using an online translation didn't help as much as I would have liked either. Watching the episodes helped some, but still left me with a few questions.

All in all, it looks like this may be the only way to ever get the complete series.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The Fury set from Germany is a nice set content-wise. It is about the size of a LP album and an inch or so thick, which is not shelf friendly. Discs are in cardboard sleeves, in a large cardboard "book" with cardboard pages for the different seasons. In my set, the cardboard sleeves were not so tight that you damage discs getting them out. Still, I put my discs in new cases that fit with my other DVD sets. IIRC, everything written on the set is in German, (except the title "Fury"), but there is English Audio on all episodes. Why we cannot get a complete series set in the USA, who knows, but I was happy to at least have this as an alternative.

I was never able to match all of the episode titles from the German set to English episode titles available online. Using an online translation didn't help as much as I would have liked either. Watching the episodes helped some, but still left me with a few questions.

All in all, it looks like this may be the only way to ever get the complete series.

Chris, maybe Post #4 in the link below can help you. It appears that someone has matched German episode titles with the English titles.

http://215072.homepagemodules.de/t5...fuehrer-FURY-Die-Abenteuer-eines-Pferdes.html

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Thanks to those who mentioned the Amazon German set of the (almost) full seasons. The bad news is I first ordered this over 3 months ago and the first parcel was evidently lost in the mail, The next month Amazon.de refunded my money and I re-bought it since it was a third party purchase. That one never got to me either. I am now waiting for my 3rd set to arrive next Friday. Wish me luck.

Also, I think I have all the episodes properly id'ed. I was able to blowup the online pictures of the back covers of the separate discs and made five printouts for the 5 seasons. Based on the description, I think 2 episodes are missing, as I think there were 117 and the writeup lists 114 episodes. I want to have the discs before printing these out, but if there is interest when I get the set I would be happy to send PDFs of the inserts. It seems a few episodes from season 2 appear on the season 1 set, and a few oddities like that. I will just be happy to have most all of the episodes. But I want to make sure before I printout.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The only problem with the German set is the intro music. I actually found a nice intro on one of the PD sets and used it to make a replacement set. The only problem with that approach is that I have one intro for all seasons instead of the separate intros per season. But I can live with that to have the correct theme music in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks