What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (5 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Continued From Previous Page

The Fugitive (1963-1967)

S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov 23.1965)

Directed by
Walter Grauman
Writing Credits
Anthony Wilson … Writer
Roy Huggins … Created

Stars
David JanssenDr. Richard Kimble / Steve Carver
Barbara RushMarie Lindsey Gerard
Herschel BernardiCaptain Ames
Jud TaylorSergeant Rainey
Robert DoyleTommy
Barry MorseLt. Philip Gerard
Judee MortonJoannie
Robert BihellerBeavo
Don RossPoliceman
James DevineIntern
William ConradNarrator

Produced by
Alan A. Armer Producer
George Eckstein Associate Producer
Quinn Martin Executive Producer
Music by
Pete Rugolo
Cinematography by
Meredith M. Nicholson Director of Photography
Editing by
Robert L. Swanson
Casting By
Meryl O'Loughlin
Art Direction by
James Dowell Vance
Set Decoration by
Sandy Grace
Makeup Department
Lynn Burke Hair Stylist
Jack Wilson Makeup Artist
Production Management
Fred Ahern Production Manager
John Elizalde Post-production Supervisor

Opening Passage

Opening Narrative by William Conrad

A police dragnet, a bus accident and an ironic fate have brought together two people on a lonely country road. The woman blinded in the accident, is unaware that the man beside her is Richard Kimble. And neither is aware that the other is fleeing from the obsession of Lieutenant Philip Gerard. Hunter of the man, husband of the woman.

Not to be overlooked in this second part is a fine supporting cast, faces of the era that we recognize but who’s names we’d be hard pressed to identify. Of course Herschel Bernardi as Captain Ames is not one of them. Any classic tv storyline can’t be bad with the inclusion of juvenile delinquents.

Please see recommended Playlist below while viewing images.

S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-161.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-163.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-173.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-174.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-178.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-179.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-182.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-186.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-187.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-190.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-191.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-192.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-195.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-201.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-204.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-206.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-211.jpg
S03E10 Landscape with Running Figures Part 2 (Nov.23.1965)-213.jpg

One of the sweetest passages in this story with music to match depicts Richard Kimble reflecting on the past and a momentary peace. While Marie Lindsey Gerard relects upon her failed marriage to her husband, Lt Gerard, referring to it as “the losing end of a modern day triangle.”

Playlist: Theme @ 0:00, The Kimbles @ 1:18, Gerard @ 4:58​

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I rewatched "Nightmare at Northoak." The nightmare sequences and the conversation between Kimble and Gerard were great!

I thought the writing of Kimble's escape was rather lame though. Would Gerard really be that incompetent to allow the whole town to shake hands with Kimble, especially without inspecting each hand first?? It would have been much better if Gerard were tripped and knocked out by the town during one of his checks of Kimble. When Gerard woke up, Kimble would be gone, and the town could blame Gerard, saying he accidentally tripped and fell, knocking himself out before locking Kimble in. Frank Overton's character also should have been more ambiguous and perhaps more active in helping Kimble escape.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I just bought The Fugitive: The Complete Series DVD on Amazon for $50. It is sold by and ships from Amazon. All the discs inside are from The Fugitive: The Most Wanted Edition. That's how they are literally labeled; their front is all black, with the Most Wanted Edition logo and the episode titles. Nice that after all these years you can get a bargain basement set with all the original music intact!

Perhaps it shows that the Most Wanted Edition set never sold that well? It's out of print, and all its discs, minus the bonus one, now make up the bargain set.

Last edited:

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I just bought The Fugitive: The Complete Series DVD on Amazon for $50. It is sold by and ships from Amazon. All the discs inside are from The Fugitive: The Most Wanted Edition. That's how they are literally labeled; their front is all black, with the Most Wanted Edition logo and the episode titles. Nice that after all these years you can get a bargain basement set with all the original music intact!

Perhaps it shows that the Most Wanted Edition set never sold that well? It's out of print, and all its discs, minus the bonus one, now make up the bargain set.
I don't have many TV series on disc but having rented them from Netflix DVD I knew the set was a worthwhile purchase. I paid around the same price. Most of the CBS/Paramount TV sets have excellent picture & audio quality, often with closed captions. I highly recommend The Invaders sets too, get them while you still can!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I have the Most Wanted DVD set, but with Patamount releasing a trickle of ‘60s/‘70s TV shows on Blu-ray, I’d love to see David Janssen in HD (other than Warning Shot, Superdome, and Scream of the Wolf 😉)—with the correct music cues in place.

For extra space, I moved all of my TV DVD sets to our off-site storage locker, but I end up picking up a couple of sets and bringing them home, including The Fugitive. Such a superb, beautifully shot TV series.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I have the Most Wanted DVD set, but with Patamount releasing a trickle of ‘60s/‘70s TV shows on Blu-ray, I’d love to see David Janssen in HD (other than Warning Shot, Superdome, and Scream of the Wolf 😉)—with the correct music cues in place.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding Moon of the Wolf. I must have missed the news of its release in HD on blu.

In addition to the aforementioned HD releases of Warning Shot and Superdome, David Janssen can be seen in HD in the following blu releases (although he generally has only minor roles in these movies, except for The Swiss Conspiracy.)

Cult of the Cobra (released with Dr. Cyclops)
Francis Goes to West Point
Francis in the Navy
Francis in the Haunted House
Chief Crazy Horse
(German release "Der Speer Der Rache")
The Swiss Conspiracy (release announced for 20 Feb 2024)

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon

I bought the same set and compared the music in the episode "With String Attached" to a copy of a download I had. The music is the same in SOME scenes, but completely different in other scenes. I don't know which is the original music. For example, near the end when the cops come running into the house, the music in the download copy I have is more intense and exciting than the DVD. Here's the scene in the download I have. Compare it to the DVD and you'll hear the difference.

Attachments

• The Fugitive - 3x25 - With Strings Attached.mp4
    13.5 MB

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
The music in your download copy is not the original, night-of-broadcast music. But I'm glad you liked it. There's plenty more where that came from.

That same Fugitive replacement music was used as background music when Yoko gave a live performance in exchange for a ride to Starbase 4.

1707242371163.png

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
The music in your download copy is not the original, night-of-broadcast music. But I'm glad you liked it. There's plenty more where that came from.

That same Fugitive replacement music was used as background music when Yoko gave a live performance in exchange for a ride to Starbase 4.

View attachment 211984
Thanks for letting me know. I'm more happy with the knowledge that I do have the set with the original music. I was hesitant in buying it for fear that it wasn't.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Glad people are discovering/re-discovering this great series so many years after it ended.

Unpopular opinion: The Fugitive S04 is my favorite season of the series. The color doesn't bother me at all - and I also thought it would (the first time I saw this). Though, S03 runs a close 2nd.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I just began the final season IN COLOR with the first two episodes watched, and I'm loving the color so far. I was expecting the color to be a bit jarring at first, but that's not the case. It's just as riveting.

In other words, basically, it's the show that counts, not how it's presented, I take it.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

This is a sterling and underappreciated performance throughout for Barbara Rush, perhaps her best ever. I’d imagine when she saw this meaty script she knew it would be a field day for her and she did not disappoint! The interactions between Marie Lindsey Gerard and Richard Kimble are touching. In this instance these two fine actors made the story. No one else could have done so as beautifully as Barbara Rush and David Janssen did.

Given the most recent review and tv snaps RIP Barbara Rush who sadly passed away this week

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I took a look at the CBS syndication bible recently and The Fugitive is now listed as being completely transferred to 4x3 HD—might it now be a good candidate for Blu-ray? (assuming the dreaded Heyes music has been removed)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Here's a question: when they did the restoration, could it have already been done then? The DVDs look smashing, some of the best out there. When Fox restored Voyage, Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants, they remastered them to HD, so all they really need is a release in that format (The Time Tunnel has one and it's incredible).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.