What's new

FS: Yamaha RX-V2500 Receiver (1 Viewer)

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using this in my secondary HT setup and it rarely gets use anymore. As such, I'd like to see it go to a home that can actually use it. I've owned this unit for a little more than two and a half years, mostly in my main HT setup as a pre/pro. It's in very good condition w/a couple very small blemishes, rated about 8 out of 10 on AudigoN's rating scale. Includes the receiver, original packaging, remote and YPAO microphone.

It's been cared for and driven hard infrequently, the few times just to see what it's capable of, but I can tell you it is quite capable of serving all but the most discriminating audiophiles. It still has some of the best surround performance of any receiver I've heard to date. As mentioned earlier, this was mostly used as a pre/pro in my main setup, so the on-board amps were rarely used at all in that configuration.

If you're interested in this, you likely know what it's capable of and it's performance. In case you're not, I will include links below to Yamaha for the full specs and Audioholic's review for Clint and Gene's take on it. I honestly didn't notice much of a difference (if any) between this and my Emotiva MMC-1 for movie soundtracks, the slight difference being the Emo being just a bit better with two channel material.

I'm asking $350 and will split shipping with the buyer. I've priced this fairly and while I'd like someone else to be able to fully utilize it, I can keep it and would rather not deal with low-ball offers, either. I can include pictures for anyone interested, though what little blemishes it has likely will not show w/out getting very close-up shots.

Any questions on this, please let me know. Thanks for looking... -TD

Details on Yamaha's Website

Review from Audioholics

***SOLD***

tsmallmon

Auditioning
Real Name
Terry Smallmon
I have a couple of options with ebay, craiglist and amazon but am in a hurry since my Onkyo died this weekend. How about $250 and I will cover the Fedex shipping with my personal account number? Let me know.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Terry;
Thank you for the offer, but I just received payment earlier this afternoon for the 2500, so it is sold.

I'll update this thread and good luck.. -Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks